With what to drink cognac?
Cognac is an elite liquor,the use of which requires compliance with certain rules. To enjoy the drink, you need to know not only how to drink cognac, but also with what to drink cognac. Only in combination with certain products its exquisite taste is revealed to the fullest.
With what to drink cognac: advice gourmet
If it is a question of a vintage cognac, then osnack is not accepted to talk at all. Since good cognac has a self-sufficient taste, it does not need a snack. In this case, you must adhere to the rule of three C: cognac, cigars, coffee. First a cup of custard coffee is drunk, and then cognac is tasted in small sips. After a portion of cognac, a cigar is smoked.
Ordinary cognacs can be used as an aperitif and served with a variety of snacks:
- chocolate. The taste of a good aged cognac has the hints of spices and vanilla, to which the bitter chocolate will fully open. Several kinds of dark chocolate will become an excellent snack for cognac;
- cheese. Cognac is more suitable for "leaky" sorts of cheese with a fat content of more than 75%: Emmental, Maasdam, Cheddar. An unusual taste will give a snack a slice of lemon, sandwiched between two slices of cheese;
- honey. Unforgettable gustatory sensations can be obtained by dipping pieces of cheese and nuts of different varieties into slightly warmed honey;
- fruit. Pears, apples and grapes are perfectly combined with cognac;
- seafood. A wonderful flavor balance will make cognac lobsters, oysters, scallops and other seafood. Cognac is well combined with sushi or sashimi;
- meat. Finely sliced beef tenderloin, foie gras (duck or goose liver) will soften the taste of the ridge and make it more velvety;
- dairy products. For dessert you can drink cognac with cream or ice cream.
Lemon as an appetizer for cognac
If you do not know what to eat cognac, thenlemon perfectly fits. Though opinions on whether it is possible to bite cognac with a lemon diverge. The French believe that the sharp taste of lemon, like other citrus, interrupts the flavor of the drink and its noble taste. In Russia, lemon is one of the most popular appetizers for cognac. This habit has taken root since the days of Nicholas II. According to legend, he did not like the sharp taste of cognac and preferred to eat it with lemon.
A traditional snack with lemon is a slice of citrus,sprinkled with instant coffee and sugar. It is much more interesting to make a caramelized lemon. To do this, in a syrup of 300 grams of sugar and 300 ml of water, lemon slices are cooked for an hour. After that, the wafers are dried in the oven at a temperature of + 150 ° C for 30 minutes. Caramelized lemon has a less intense taste and better harmonizes with cognac. If desired, it can be glazed in chocolate or sprinkled with cinnamon.
Another original snack with lemon will turn out, if on a slice of lemon lay a mixture of grated cheese and honey.
Drinks with cognac
Cognac is not necessary to use in its pure form. You can drink brandy with cola and coffee, mineral water and tonic. Or cook a variety of cocktails on the basis of cognac.
- Cognac martini (mixed in equal proportionscognac, martini and mango or peach juice). Has a moderate strength and sweet taste. In the case of pink martini, the juice is replaced with orange juice.
- White pleasure. 250 gr. filling, 130 ml of milk and banana are beaten in a blender in a homogeneous mass, 25 gr. cognac. The cocktail is slightly alcoholic and has a pleasant milk taste.
- Chocolate dream. A simple, but very tasty cocktail, having a taste of chocolate ice cream. For its preparation, an equal amount of cognac, cream (35% fat content) and chocolate liqueur is mixed in a blender.