Why do people lie?
Almost every day, each of us has to deal with the lies of other people. Involuntarily there is a desire to find out why people lie and how one can determine that a person tells you a lie.
Let's try to understand these issues.
The main causes of lies
Fear of consequences
To lie are resorted to in cases when they are afraidthe reaction of the interlocutor to the truth. More often than not, people prefer to lie to avoid the anger or frustration of another person. Such behavior indicates the lack of sincerity and trust in the relationship.
People often resort to manipulating the interlocutor withusing false information, because for some reason to speak the truth for them is simply unprofitable. This allows the liar to achieve the desired price of credulity and openness of the interlocutor.
Avoid negative criticism
People try to hide liestheir complexes. Lying, they are trying to become in the eyes of the interlocutor better and more successful, however, such a lie quickly revealed and everything falls into place.
To save the interlocutor
Often the truth can seriously hurt, so peoplecan lie, in order not to cause pain and suffering to relatives. Such a lie helps to maintain a good relationship, but they can irreparably spoil if a person finds out about this harboring.
Signs of lies
Our world is so organized that lies can be found absolutely everywhere and everywhere. To be ready for this, it is worth knowing how to determine that a person is lying.
Looking closer to the person you are talking to, you can recognize signs of lying: most often they are given speech and facial expressions.
- A person leaves the concrete facts in the story and can be confused in the sequence of events, which are being discussed.
- The speech of a liar often resembles a defense.
- People try to cover up lies under a thick layer of humor and sarcasm.
Facial expressions and gestures
- The interlocutor often turns away, tries not to look you in the face. Or vice versa, keeps a long time of close eye contact in the eyes.
- Systematic touching the tip of the nose, ears,details of clothing, neck or covering your mouth with your hand. All these gestures indicate that a person subconsciously tries to stop the flow of produced lies. These gestures are most pronounced in children. More details on the causes of child lies you can find here: Why do children lie.
- A person who is lying, trying to find a support or push into the chair on which he sits.
- Also, people who speak untruth, constantly jiggle, spin things and perform a number of unnecessary actions.
Find out more about the reasons why people often tell lies, you can from the article Why people lie.