What is television?
The technology of image and sound transmission onthe distance was not always known to people. Television came to people's homes abroad in the early 50's of the 20th century, and in the Soviet Union - in the late 60's. Many changes have survived it since then. Now almost every mobile phone has its own TV. And what is television? Let's understand.
Definition of television
Television is a complex Greek word, literallymeaning "far to see." Television is a way of transmitting and receiving on the screen moving or still images and sound accompanying by distance means of electrical and radio communication. The basic principle is to encode the elements of images and sounds into a sequence of electrical signals. Further, these signals are transmitted via communication channels to the receiving point, from which they are returned transformed. The finished "picture" we see on TV.
In addition, the word "television" may refer to:
- the field of science, technology and culture associated with the transfer to a distance of mobile objects by means of radio electronic devices;
- one of the main means of communication used for applied purposes;
- one of the mass means of disseminating various information;
- creation and mass distribution of sound and graphic information in a strict system of interaction with the audience;
- organizations involved in the broadcasting of television programs.