What is mechanics?
Mechanics is the science of moving bodies andinteractions between them during the movement. At the same time, attention is given to those interactions, as a result of which the motion has changed or the deformation of the bodies has occurred. In the article we will tell you about what is mechanics.
Mechanics are quantum, applied (technical) and theoretical.
- What is quantum mechanics? This is a section of physics that describes physical phenomena and processes whose actions are comparable to the magnitude of the Planck constant.
- What is technical mechanics? This is a science that reveals the principle of operation and the arrangement of mechanisms.
- What is theoretical mechanics? This is the science and movement of bodies and the general laws of motion.
Mechanics studies the movement of all kinds of machines andmechanisms, aircrafts and celestial bodies, oceanic and atmospheric currents, plasma behavior, deformation of bodies, movement of gases and liquids in natural conditions and technical systems, polarizing or magnetizing environments in electric and magnetic fields, stability and strength of technical and construction structures, respiratory tract of air and blood through the vessels.
Newton's law lies at the bases, with the help of it describe the motion of bodies with small velocities in comparison with the speed of light.
In mechanics, there are the following sections:
- kinematics (on the geometric properties of moving bodies not taking into account their mass and acting forces);
- static (about finding bodies in equilibrium using external influence);
- dynamics (about moving bodies under the influence of force).
In mechanics, there are concepts that reflect the properties of bodies:
- a material point (a body whose dimensions can be ignored);
- an absolutely rigid body (a body in which the distance between any points is unchanged);
- A continuous medium (a body whose molecular structure is neglected).
If the rotation of the body with respect to the center of mass inconditions the problem under consideration can be neglected or it moves translationally, the body is equated to a material point. If we do not take into account the deformation of the body, then it must be considered absolutely undeformable. Gases, liquids and deformable bodies can be considered as whole media in which particles continuously fill the entire volume of the medium. In this case, when studying the displacement of a medium, the apparatus of higher mathematics is used, which is used for continuous functions. From the fundamental laws of nature-the laws of conservation of momentum, energy and mass, follow equations describing the behavior of a continuous medium. The mechanics of continuous media contains a number of independent sections - aerodynamics and hydrodynamics, the theory of elasticity and plasticity, gas dynamics and magnetic hydrodynamics, the dynamics of the atmosphere and the water surface, the physicochemical mechanics of materials, the mechanics of composites, biomechanics, and space hydroaeromechanics.
Now you know what mechanics are!