What is a particle?
The word "particle" in itself, says that it isa small part of something. Since the school days, we remember the concept of a particle from the Russian language, as well as an elementary particle from the course of physics and chemistry. Let's figure out what a particle is in a particular science.
What is a particle in Russian?
In Russian, a particle is calleda non-official or service part of speech that serves to give a shade to different words, phrases, sentences, and also for the formation of words, for example. To distinguish particles, as well as other service parts of speech - a pretext, unions, interjections, one can by the fact that it is impossible to ask a question to them.
There are several types of particles:
- Form-building - they serve for educationverbs of conditional and imperative form. For example, "would", "let", "let", "come on". Unlike other particles, they are components of the verbal form and are the same member of the sentence as the verb.
- Sense particles - serve to express shadesfeelings of the speaking person. On the meaning of the meaning of the particle can be divided into negative (neither, not); interrogative (really, unless); indicative (here, this, then); specifying (precisely, exactly to the point); amplifying (even, in fact, all the same), and others.
Many philologists believe that the particles are close toadverbs, unions and interjections, as well as introductory words. The particle does not have its own value, but the value is what it expresses in the sentence.
What is an elementary particle?
Elementary particles are called minuteindivisible objects that are part of the atom. Their structure is studied by the physics of elementary particles, and since 1932 to date more than 400 elementary particles have been discovered.
All elementary particles are divided into three large groups, which are distinguished depending on their electromagnetic and gravitational behavior.
- Thus, bosons are carriers of weak electromagnetic interaction. Also bosons are characterized by a half-integer spin. This group includes photons, neutrons, protons.
- Leptons are direct participantselectromagnetic interaction. To date, about 6 leptons are known. The most famous of them is the electron (e), and this elementary particle has the smallest atomic mass.
- Hadrons are the heaviest elementary particles,which are also involved in electromagnetic and gravitational interactions. By mass, hadrons are divided into three groups - baryons, mesons and resonances. The most famous baryon is the proton.
Each elementary particle is characterized bymass, life time, spin and electrical discharge. The discovery of elementary particles made it possible to take a big step, both in nuclear physics and in molecular-kinetic physics. To date, it is believed that the true elementary particles are leptons and quarks.
So, now you know what is a preposition, an alliance, a particle, and how a particle differs from other official parts of speech. A, also than the elementary particles in physics are characterized.