Welding inverter "Svarog ARC 205": description, technical characteristics, prices, reviews
Among the welding inverters of special attentiondeserve inexpensive, but reliable and unpretentious apparatus. Among them we can distinguish the device "Svarog ARC 205" from a series of welding units with the same name. Products are made in China.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like many inverters, the "Svarog" line has the following advantages:
- due to the ease of ignition and the stable arc, which is self-regulating, the welding process is easily mastered even by the novice;
- little splashing is formed and the metal is well digested;
- high efficiency - 85%;
- a small idling voltage with an inoperative inverter is only 9-15 V with recovery to 65 V when touching the electrode surface;
- The device is protected from overheating, and in the circuit the mains voltage drop is compensated.
Among the shortcomings, we should note the susceptibility tomoisture. In the rain, welding should not be done better, or the apparatus should be protected from splashing. The presence of dust inside the inverters adversely affects their performance. Particularly negatively affect the pollution from cutting or polishing the metal. The devices should be periodically cleaned by blowing with compressed air, preventing accumulation of dust inside.
The inverter "Svarog ARC 205" is used in everyday life, but it can often be seen by professionals: in construction, in auto repair shops, etc.
- The welding current is regulated within the range of 10-180 A. Usually the number on the label characterizes its maximum value, but this does not apply to some apparatus of this type.
- The operating time (PN) is 60% with an electrode thickness of 4 mm. If you take an electrode 3 mm, then with the current setting 120-130 A you can cook continuously (PN = 100%).
- The permissible range of supply voltage is 187-253 V. The device works reliably in rural areas and in suburban areas where the quality of networks is lower than in the city.
- Weight - 5,8 kg. With the device you can move around the site with a belt on your shoulder.
- Welding modes - coated electrode (MMA) andArgon-arc (TIG - if there are conditions for connection to the apparatus of a torch and a cylinder with argon). Manual electric welding is performed at any polarity. The current intensity can be adjusted steplessly. This is not always convenient, because at random touch, the setting may be lost. Possible through penetration of metal thickness of not more than 3 mm.
- The diameter of the electrodes can be varied from 1.6 to 4 mm. At high currents, the wiring must correspond to the power, and the machine is applied to a current of at least 16 A.
Welding inverter "Svarog ARC 205": price
At the price of its class the device may seem expensive, but it is justified by its high functionality and good performance.
How much does a welding inverter "Svarog" ARC205 "The price is about 14 thousand rubles When buying, you should pay attention to the characteristics.For example," Svarog TECH ARC 205 B "(Z203) is designed for a maximum welding current of 200 A (power - 9 kVA), and" Svarog ARC 205 "(J96) - by 180 A. If the first can be welded with an electrode to 5 mm, then the second is suitable for a maximum of 4 mm.
Inverter with display
The model costs 2 thousand rubles. expensive. The model is made in a modern style, with small dimensions, has high reliability. The presence of a built-in fan helps prevent overheating of the device. The device is convenient to use in the private sector, in small workshops and on construction sites.
Description of apparatus
High reliability of welding inverters is ensured by the use of IGBT modules manufactured by the German company Siemens and intended for work in unfavorable conditions.
In terms of functionality, the device does not stand out particularly among others. The following functions are used here.
- Hot start - a sharp increase in current whentouching the metal electrode. It does not stick to it, which is typical for conventional welding transformers. This is especially noticeable in the process of welding products with layers of rust or under reduced supply voltage.
- ArcForce is a handy feature for accidental arc extinction. There is also a current draft.
- Antistick - when the electrode sticks, the voltage drops to zero, which prevents a short circuit. The electrode can be torn from the part and again resume the welding process.
How to work with the inverter "Svarog"?
The durability and reliability of the inverter depends onits correct operation. The device is installed in such a way that sufficient airflow for ventilation is provided to it, dust, dirt, sparks of metal do not enter it, and the aggressive environment does not act.
When connecting to the inverter network "Svarog ARC 205"it should be checked that it meets the specifications given on the plate attached to the housing. The circuit-breaker and the socket must match the power to the standard plug of the device. When working in contact points there should be no sparking and overheating. The device can be used for argon welding.
With manual arc welding, the MMA mode is selected using the switch on the panel.
The forward and reverse cables are firmly inserted in thepanel connectors "+" and "-". Then the tips rotate clockwise until they stop. When welding with direct polarity, the electrical holder is connected to the "-" connector, and the return to the "+".
Excessively long welding cables should be avoided. To prevent a large voltage drop on them, long wires should be taken with an increased cross section.
The welding current is set by the control knob with the same name. It must match the diameter of the electrode.
Under normal operating conditions, a specialmaintenance of the welding inverter is not required. Particular attention is paid to the reliability of fastening the connectors and the absence of damage to power cables, casing and controls.
Frequent faults and their elimination
The welding inverter "Svarog ARC 205" is characterized by problems inherent in all similar models.
- Protection trips due to overheating. The cause may be dusty apparatus. The inverter should be cleaned periodically or selectively by blowing with compressed air. Dust accumulates when used continuously in open construction sites. If the thermal relay fails, a false alarm occurs, although the device does not overheat. The part should be replaced in the service. In the junction, there may be bad contacts, which should be tightened.
- Constant sticking of the electrode and low quality of the arc with a serviceable device occur when the voltage in the network drops below the norm or when using weak power wires.
- The burnout of the unit with the smell of burning insulation occurs as a result of a short circuit. Repair is carried out in specialized workshops. Burnt wires can be replaced by yourself.
Annual maintenance of the device in the service centerallows to operate it much longer than the warranty period of 5 years. At different manufacturers it can differ and make no more than 2 years, although this is not so little.
Inverter "Svarog ARC 205": reviews
According to users, the device does not overheat when used properly. Unlike other products, "Svarog ARC 205" stably operates at ambient temperatures up to + 40 ° C.
A wide range of mains voltage is noted,which allows you to use the device in the country. A stable arc is maintained at a voltage of 160 V. Especially the apparatus is liked by beginners, helping them in their work at the initial stage of training. Experienced welders note the convenient configuration of the device in one suitcase, where together with the apparatus are placed a shield, cables and a holder.
When working in wet weather, it is recommended to protect the welding machine "Svarog ARC 205" from splashing.
In frosty weather, you can cook at a temperature of not lower than -10 ° C, because the electronics can not stand on.
The firm confirms the high efficiency of the device, giving it a long guarantee.
Apparatus "Svarog ARC 205" for the most partis intended for professional work or for large amounts of work in everyday life. For occasional occasional use, you can purchase a cheaper and simpler model, with fewer functions.