The toes hurt: what to do?
Pain in the toes may indicatethe presence of a serious disease. Therefore, it is so important not to ignore it, but to find out the reason. Let us dwell in detail on why the toes hurt and what to do with such a problem.
Causes of pain
Toes can be aching for one of the following reasons:
- Arthritis is a common disease,accompanied by inflammation of cartilage and articular capsule. This leads to impaired mobility of the limb, which causes pain. It can intensify while walking. If you find such an ailment at an early stage, then it can be completely cured;
- Gout - a disease in which the jointsuric acid accumulates. It then forms crystals that cause severe pain, especially when walking. The gout is most often affected by the thumb;
- Vascular disorders. If the circulation in the lower limbs is difficult, the toes begin to ache, some note a burning sensation in this area;
- Diabetes. Such a disease quite often affects the toes. They may have ulcers, cracks and ulcers. If the diabetes mellitus has passed into a severe form, then cartilage tissue can be damaged, which prevents normal mobility of the toes;
- Morton's neuroma is a disease accompanied by a benign formation that affects the nerve endings. Therefore, a person can mark pain in the area of the fingers;
- The ingrown nail quite often causes severe pain. After all, with such a pathology, the nail plate grows into the skin. This is usually due to wearing uncomfortable shoes.
What to do with pain
When your toes hurt, you need to take a local anesthetic, for example:
Take one of these drugs withcaution, since painkillers have their own side effects. It is necessary to study the instructions, where special attention should be given to dosages and contraindications.
It is important to take into account that local anestheticswill bring only temporary relief, while the disease will continue to progress. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor so that he has an examination and prescribed treatment. It will depend on the cause causing the pain:
- Arthritis. With this disease, anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. If arthritis was caused by an infection, then it will also be necessary to take antibiotics. Necessarily with this disease, doctors prescribe drugs-chondroprotectors. They contribute to the restoration of cartilaginous tissue;
- Osteoarthritis. With such a disease, anti-inflammatory drugs and chondroprotectors are also prescribed. Along with them, it is important to take vitamin complexes that are high in calcium;
- Gout. This disease requires a special approach. First of all, the diet is revised. The patient should reduce the consumption of spinach, meat, mushrooms, coffee, beans and some other products. It is necessary to prescribe drugs that help reduce uric acid, for example, Purinol. They are accepted courses;
- Vascular disorders. With such an ailment, funds are allocated to help dilute the blood, for example, Aspirin;
- Morton's Neuroma. To treat this disease, electrophoresis and shock wave therapy are used. If the neoplasm is large, it is removed surgically;
- Ingrown nail. In this case, a laser is used. With it, part of the nail plate that has grown into the skin is removed. This procedure is not painful and takes only 5-10 minutes. Often, the ingrown nail is removed in beauty salons. But remember that it is quite dangerous to conduct such a procedure, since an infection can be entered.