Strawberry jam for the winter: 7 simple and best recipes
Yesterday or the other day, I do not remember, did, how was your progress, did you like it? And today I propose to cook and please everyone with another delicacy, which can rightly be considered royal. After all, in order to cook it, you must first pick a few berries on the field or in your garden, but rather two. And we will talk at the moment about such delicious and fragrant strawberry jam.
I would like to remind everyone that you can take garden berries (Victoria) or forest berries (strawberries) and begin to make preparations for the winter. After all, you will not look back and already on the threshold again blizzards and blizzards. And what could be better than having a home get-together for a cup of tea is just a great company and a savory delicacy cooked at home with your own hands.
Well, that sweet tooth are you ready to work and defense? Haha, raised your spirits. Then choose only the ripest and flawless fruits, and it is desirable that they be picked no later than 1 day. And then the berry sour or take juice.
If green berries come across, it is better to discard them, because in the finished dish they will give rigidity. So that it is recommended to choose and cook only from the most selected and ripe strawberries.
It is best to cook in a large vessel, for example, you can take a basin enamelled or stainless pan. In no case do not take aluminum, because it can trigger the oxidation process.
I remind all those who have not seen my previous note, and wish to read it now can follow this link. In it, I showed the most unexpected and interesting options, for example, made blanks with the addition of gelatin, pectin and agar-agar.
And today we will consider only the best and proven recipes, and I hope that they will come to your liking. Bookmark the article, share on social networks, put likes and classes. Thank you. Getting started.
Strawberry jam for the winter - a delicious recipe with whole berries
That's really, I do not know about you, but I have this recipe called "You will lick or swallow your fingers." He is the most basic and best, never cheating on him, and always from year to year I make just such a strawberry billet.The berry is obtained by the berry, and the consistency is not liquid and rather I would say thick. Often, many people like jelly-like composition.
To get exactly tasty and beautiful dessert, you must first sort out the berries and remove all the stalks before you start cooking. In no case should this work be avoided, although it is laborious.
And pre-stock up on sugar, it will need a bag, depending on what portion you zagodjite. Remember the golden rule, the calculation is 1 to 1.
Chip. I often do not have the scales at hand, and I mostly do so, 1 cup is already perebrat strawberries without tails equal to 1 cup of sugar. That's the whole secret, so that it does not become sweet, or vice versa does not turn into a mash.
We will need:
- strawberries (garden or field) spreading - 5 tbsp.
- sugar - 5 tbsp.
1. So, put on the table ripe and selected berries, wash them with water. If you do this after you go through them, then they turn into a mess.
2. In order for the strawberry to breathe and the juice does not stand out prematurely, after rinsing, place it on a cloth.
3Then gradually, tearing off the ends, place the berries in a container, for example, take an enameled bowl, or a saucepan. You can also, for this purpose, use a griddle. And do so, sifted through 1 glass, covered it with sugar, mixed it. Again they sifted, fell asleep, mixed. Repeat this sequence until victorious.
4. Immediately notice that the juice will begin to stand out, and it will be so fragrant that the salivation will run and taste the spoon of “fresh beauty”.
It would be nice if this bowl stood for about 6 hours, and better than 10. Well, of course, as it happens, more liquid will stand out and almost all sugar will dissolve on its own.
5. The crucial moment is cooking. Turn the stove on to the lowest heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir constantly and make sure that nothing burns.
After the gruel boils, you will see a white or slightly pink foam, remove it with a spoon with holes. A wooden spoon or spatula fits well for this purpose. Boil about 6 minutes after boiling. Then remove and cool to room temperature, it will take about 8 hours. Perhaps it will take a little more or a little less, nothing terrible will happen.
6After the required time has elapsed, send the container back to the stove and cook again over low heat for five minutes, and then immediately pour it into clean sterile jars. The lids are also very good.
Use either kapron or self-wringing. The color of the jam will be red-brown, and notice that all the berries have remained unharmed, which certainly pleases everyone.
7. Be careful, because the delicacy is very hot. I tried to pour and the already cooled jam, I did not see any difference, so you can pour it already cold. In any case, do not forget, after sending the jars in the refrigerator or cellar for storage.
Strawberry jam without cooking - the best recipe of this year
I know one woman who does just that and says that it is this way that does not require, firstly boiling the berries, and secondly all the nutrients and vitamins are stored for a long time. After all, heat treatment really turns out to be missing.
And by the way, you can make such a meal in two ways, the first version was tried this year, but the second one has been tested over the years and is a favorite in our family.I, as my son says, just trudge, his taste is excellent and stuffy, incomparable. In short, a bomb, not a recipe. If you are interested, then read method 2 below.
How do they differ from each other, but they are completely different, so she could not show one and the other option. In the first, water is added to make sugar filling, so to speak, syrup, and in the second, the berry is ground with sugar and slightly heated to quickly dissolve the grains. Well, what happens next will be described below.
And you decide yourself, or maybe you will use two at once. This year the harvest pleases, a bunch of strawberries and strawberries, for a long time this was not.
We will need:
- strawberries - about 2 kg
- granulated sugar - 1 kg
- drinking water - 0.5 st.
1. Put sugar in a saucepan and pour in water, turn on the heat at low power, stir. Boil after boiling for 12-15 minutes, often stir. Such a sweet glaze should caramelize, that is, become thick, but should not turn white.
2. Initially, wash the berries in running water, then tear off the tails. Cut or grind is not necessary, leave them whole. As soon as the sugar syrup is ready, fill this composition with it.
Let the mass cool, do not mix.Due to the fact that the caramel is hot, it will contribute to a greater yield of juice, soak up to complete cooling.
3. Then take the colander and slowly, through it, drain the whole red syrup. Just boil it again (10 minutes), and then again fill it with Victoria. This procedure is repeated 3-4 times.
4. The only thing is that when you pour the fourth time, pour the filling directly into the prepared sterile jars. Cover with lids and let cool, then store in a cool place.
5. Do not forget to immediately remove the sample. To do this, call all your household and treat them without fail with this delicacy. Pour the whole vase, in an hour there will be nothing left of it, it will become empty, and you will not blink an eye. Pleasant discoveries, friends!
Next publish, as promised the second variant. Do it if you cook for the first time on it, it turns out flawless strawberry jam, I can not even put it into words. Berries, as if fresh and just picked, such magic in the middle of winter. Great, because the truth?
Attention, here the ratio of ingredients goes 1 to 1.
We will need:
- strawberries - 10 tbsp.
- sugar - 10 tbsp.
1.Take a mortar or use new technologies - a blender or meat grinder (a special device for the juicer). So, remove all the tails and twigs, rinse in water. Skip in the appliance or push it to make a berry puree.
Important! In no case should not happen with lumps, all the liquid should be uniform.
2. Next, as you guessed, make the second product - sugar. Stir. And stir until sugar is completely dissolved. As previously stated, it is possible to slightly heat the saucepan so that the sand dissolves faster.
It remains the easiest to pour into clean and washed jars. You can sterilize them in the oven, I personally wash them thoroughly with soda. So, place the workpiece in glass containers. Oh, what a beauty, just look, today did. I sit again licking, really probably before the winter is not worthy))).
And most importantly, it is stored well in a cool place and does not grow moldy. It looks cool at 100 percent, and what a dense, cool! Here is another picture for you so that you can lick your lips too.
Dense whole strawberry jam with lemon zest and mint
Of course, there are a lot of flavorings now. The previous time we were preparing such a treat with oranges, bananas and even managed to make without sugar.
And this time, add mint to the yellow citrus fruit, you can take any weed, for example, I know many people do it with basil. Or in general, you can not add greens.
Lemon will give a unique shade of a little sourness, because we take it a little. And by the way, it will give and delight you when you open the jar, and there will not be mold on top. After all, the acid does not allow bacteria to multiply.
We will need:
- fresh strawberry - 1 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
- lemon - 0.5 pcs.
- Mint - 45 g
1. Collected large or medium-sized berries to sort, remove the fruit with flaws, wash in running water under the tap. It is best to wash it in a strainer or in a colander so that all the excess moisture disappears instantly.
Cunning! It is possible to send the largest, so to speak huge, for food, and from smaller and smaller ones, make jam.
2. After the water from the berries has been well drained, remove the stalks and weigh the fruit in its pure form.
If the strawberry is large enough, cut it in half (where to go).Put it in a bowl with a thick bottom, it will never burn anything, since everything will be cooked evenly.
3. Sprinkle the fruit with sugar and shake slightly, do not interfere. To sugar filled all the voids between the berries. Leave in this state to stand fragrant potion for 6-8 hours, it is better to leave overnight.
4. In the morning you will find what appeared in the juice pan. Place it on the stove and turn on the small light.
In the meantime, boil the lemon thoroughly, or rather, its half. Twist in a meat grinder or grate on a grater along with the zest and add here. Do not forget to remove the bones.
Lemon acts in this case as a preservative, and even the berries together with this fruit do not lose their unsurpassed appearance. Well, a little sourness will not make the jam sweeter, but on the contrary, slightly with a sour note.
Stir the mashed rind in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
5. Mint also boiling water, then separate the leaves from the stalks. Chop the leaves rather finely. And right along with the zest or later add to the pot of boiling liquid.
Cover the pan with a lid and set aside to infuse for 6 or 8 hours.And then repeat the work 2 times, that is, let the jam boil, boil for 1 minute and let it brew for 8 hours. Only for the third time boil not 1 minute, but three. Thus, the total will be 5 minutes, that is, the first two times for 1 minute, and the third time - 3 minutes. It is easy to count and give the name of this recipe - five minutes.
6. But before the third boiling, prepare jars, sterilize them in the microwave or above the steam. Wrap the metal lids and boil all the dishes dry.
After all infusions, pour the mixture into glass containers hot. Do not forget to also sign up to make it look so damn pretty and tie it up with an elastic band.
7. Although you will not confuse him with anything, but it is better to sign. And set the date of home production. Keep in a cool place for about 1 year.
Such a delicacy is not sugared, but thanks to a lemon it is not cloying, mint - refreshes and gives an original touch of lightness.
How to cook jam from large homemade berries of Victoria with gelatin
If the berry season is over, and you have never made such a dessert, then fix it quickly. And you will not have time to look around and remain without blanks.
And if you are a beginner, you can try yourself as a cook, because the calculation of the ingredients is very small, take a look.
This simple and easy-to-cook recipe will help you, it is taken from YouTube channel. The video is detailed and not prolonged, it is a pleasure to watch. I recommend for viewing.
Aromatic Agar Agar Treat
We got to another variant, it became fashionable to apply it in the culinary business, such a component as agar. Besides, I hope that just such an unconventional version will save everyone from depression in inclement weather. And also, when you will be bored, you can have a fun get-together with friends or a perky company.
I want to consider this time the recipe in the pan. After all, if you have a small amount of red fruits, then why not use it.
Strawberry jam will turn out thick, like American. Take a small jar, then to quickly open and eat them to a single drop. Moreover, the combination of vanilla and strawberry will make this dish even more fragrant.
We will need:
- granulated sugar - 700 g
- water - 50 g
- agar-agar - 1.5 tsp
- vanilla to taste
- strawberry - 1 kg
- lemon - slice
1.Look at the berries, tear off the stalks, and then cut them into too large pieces. This is done so that the juice is released much faster. So prepare about 1 kilogram.
2. Pour sugar, straight from the top, make it easy because the pan is wider than the pan. Leave for 1.5 hours to see a liquid.
3. After that, pour the agar-agar into the water so that it swells. It is possible, as an option to use gelatin or zhelfiks And in a strawberry, add a little vanilla or vanilla extract and straighten on slow fire. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Secret, do you want jam to not lose its color? After the berry boils squeeze juice from a lemon slice (1 tsp) and add to the mixture. It turns out not too cloying and beautiful color.
Stir, and do not forget to do it periodically, plus, as you can see there was no foam, because it’s great, you don’t have to clean it. In this case, the culprit is lemon).
4. From the moment of boiling, 15 minutes should pass, which means it is already possible to inject agar-agar. Do not forget to do so, stir the jam with a spatula clockwise and at the same time bring the agar diluted in a glass with water and without haste.As you can see Victoria has decreased in size, so it should be.
Again, after making the agar, you will see bubbles on the surface, this means that the liquid boils, boil for 5 minutes, and then pour it into jars.
5. Take them sterile, it turns out two half-liter jars. Cover with a clean lid, twist well, turn the top upside down and wrap with a towel. Allow to cool at room temperature.
6. As you can see, everything is ingeniously simple, and most importantly it comes out very relish, especially if you take a bun or a piece of soft loaf and spread it.
Five minute strawberry jam with citric acid (a simple recipe for winter)
An interesting recipe, and if there is no lemon, then you can take 1 teaspoon of natural freshly squeezed lemon juice.
This delicacy can then easily lubricate any cakes or pies. Or just drink gulls with a healthy and delicious dish that can be cooked in your kitchen without any problems in 5 minutes.
We will need:
- strawberries - 2 kg
- sugar - 1 kg
- citric acid - 1 tsp
1. Carefully and as quickly as possible to sort the fruits, place them in a convenient dish for cooking. Pour sugar.Leave overnight or stand for 8 hours to form a juice.
2. Then bring the mixture to a boil, but the fire should be slow. And at this moment add citric acid, it will act as a preservative. Boiling time is only 5 minutes.
3. Next, immediately pour into dry and clean cans, screw on with screw caps and allow to cool. Store in any cool place, for example a refrigerator.
Cooking forest dessert in a slow cooker
Well, and finally, because now it is difficult to imagine our life without such an electric assistant as a slow cooker, because it simplifies life in many ways. And in this case, it is convenient and comfortable to make such a strawberry billet in it, because it has a bowl with high sides, and nothing ever sticks to it or burns.
This will save time and cheer up everyone.
We will need:
- strawberries without tails - 2 tbsp., and if with tails, then approximately - 2.5 tbsp.
- sugar - 2 tbsp.
1. With red fruits do as in the previous instructions, rinse and remove the leaves and the stem. Put the berries in the bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Soak a couple of hours to form a liquid.Then, in the lid, remove the valve so that air will subsequently escape well.
Select a mode, for example “Quenching” and set the timer to 1 hour. If you wish, after 25 minutes, you can open and scoop up the foam with a spoon and remove it. Thus, the syrup in which the berry will boil will be light and transparent.
Close the lid again and continue cooking.
2. And then, as you hear a beep, open the appliance, stir and gently move the treat into the cans. Take them preferably sterile or at least well washed with soda and dry. I wish you that, as in a cartoon, Carlson flew to the smell and emptied the jars. Bon Appetit!
How, you see, it turned out such a small but original note in which I tried to tell you and shared the newest and my favorite proven recipes, some of which I got from my grandmother.
I look forward to your wishes and especially feedback and suggestions. Write, glad to answer your questions.