Soaking pepper seeds before planting in a sponge: the secret of strong pepper seedlings.
Since the end of January, I already want to get the seeds of sweet pepper and start planting. Of course, on the one hand, there is no need to hurry - sunny days are still short, there is not enough light in the apartments, and there is not much room on the window sills. However, if you really really want, you should start. Moreover, pepper can be soaked and hardened. And this process, for gardeners who love experiments, is very fascinating.
Soaking pepper seeds before planting
Each gardener chooses his own way of soaking seeds. Here are the main ones:
- Soaking in toilet paper - I don’t really like it, because the paper is spreading and it is hard to separate the germinated seeds, you can damage them.
- Soaking in a damp napkin (or cotton pads) - seeds are laid out on a damp napkin, folded,put hermetically in a plastic bag and in a warm place (on the battery or a warm window-sill) for about 2 to 3 days, until the seeds hatch, then the temperature is lowered.
- Soaking pepper seeds on sponges is a new, interesting way to sprout sweet pepper seeds. I love! There is nothing difficult about how to germinate seeds in a sponge. It is done this way. We take two kitchen sponges for washing dishes, well moistened with warm water. We spread the pepper seeds on one sponge, cover the other with the top. We fasten together with an elastic band and put in a plastic bag with a lock (or hermetically wrapped in a bag). Before you close the package you need to breathe into it. Carbon dioxide has a good effect on the germination of pepper seeds. Next, we put for 1 - 3 days in a warm place (on the battery), until the seeds are pecking.
Washcloths or a damp cloth can also be moistened with a growth stimulant solution. For example, dilute Epin 5 drops in a glass of water.
How much pepper seeds should be soaked - usually pepper is soaked for 3 - 4 days. If the pepper seeds are swollen, the beaks appeared - this is an indication that the seeds are ready for sowing in seedlings.
What is the reason for soaking pepper seeds before planting - besides just warm water, a growth stimulant solution, before soaking pepper seeds can be soaked in melted snow (this is practically practically living water), and add aloe juice. This will enrich the plants.
Do I need to soak peppers before planting? Each gardener decides for himself. This is an optional procedure, the seeds of peppers germinate and when planting the ground.
Hardening and germination of pepper seeds
There is another great way to soak pepper seeds and temper them simultaneously. This is the swelling of the seeds at a variable temperature. Plants - hardened and prepared for adverse conditions. Moreover, plants that have been hardened, they start growing faster, gain green mass. The secret is how to properly soak the seeds of pepper only in the alternation of low and high temperature.
How to temper pepper seeds:
- At first, we also put pepper seeds on wet sponges or a napkin, put them in a bag and for 12 hours (at night) we put in the refrigerator, the temperature for pouring is 0 ... + 1 degrees.
- In the morning we get seeds, and set for 12 hours on the battery.
So alternating (playing with seeds) for as many days as necessary to germinate seeds, it is usually written on a bag of seeds. For pepper it is 7 - 10 days.And then put the pepper in the crates or peat tablets.
Such a soaking of pepper seeds before planting will well reflect on the early spring planting (April - May, when it is hot in the daytime, and cold at night). Pepper seedlings will be resistant to lower temperatures. Here's how to sprout peppers and come to good yields and plant resistance to adverse climatic conditions.
If you want to try soaking pepper seeds before planting, tell us how it went with you and do not forget to tell your friends.