Review of the article: an example of writing and rules of compilation
Now very many people are faced with a problemwriting reviews. Especially often this need arises for students and researchers. Often reviews are confused with reviews. This is a big mistake, because these two forms of expressing an opinion on some work have fundamental differences. Ignorance of these nuances is fraught with the manifestation of ignorance and ignorance on the part of the author. But it should be noted that the review is not an essay on a free theme. It has a clear plan and must have a certain content. About these and many other nuances of writing works in this genre and will be discussed in the article.
What is a review
The word "recencio" from the Latin language is translated as "examination, inspection". The term was fixed in the literature at the junction of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
The review is regarded as one of the genres of criticism in literature. But despite its seeming uniqueness, it is divided into several main types.
Main Types of Review
1. The review can be written in the form of an essay.The author in this case describes his impression of the book. But such a syllable can not be written review of a scientific article. An example is a review of some literary work of art. The essay is most often written in the form of lyrical meditation.
2.A journalistic or critical article of a small size can also be presented as a review of an article. An example of such work can be found in scientific journals, where actual literary and social problems are discussed.
3.Another kind of this genre is autoreview. In this case, the author himself describes the brief meaning of his work. Authorship can be supplemented by comments on the information contained in the main part of the work.
4.An expanded annotation is most often used as a review for an article. An example of such a form must necessarily contain information about the meaning of the work, the features of writing, as well as about the main merits and demerits of the work.
5.The last kind of this genre is the examination review, which is written by the student to assess the degree of understanding of any work by him. This can be a review of the article. An example of writing can be found in the textbook.
Since the review is scientific or literary work, it must contain certain parts.
What should include a review
1. A detailed description of the subject of analysis. Necessarily with the indication of the genre, the author and the main characteristics of the work, such as style, volume and methods of analysis used (if it is a scientific article).
2. The author of the review should justify the relevance of the topic on which the work is written.
3. The review indicates the main idea of this work. That is what the author wanted to say in his work.
4. The review must contain a brief description of the work. The reviewer is obliged to give a general description of the work with an indication of its key points.
5. Shortcomings should also mention a review of the article. Example: insufficient number of information sources or use of irrelevant data, etc.
6. And at the end of the review, it is necessary to draw conclusions. They should be concise and unambiguous. Conclusions should contain information about the scientific or artistic value of the work.
What is the difference from the review review
Very often the review is confused with a review. But this is wrong, because these two genres have significant differences. The review must contain all the above points. While recall is only a short description of the work without detailed analysis. The reviews are much more frequent than the review for the article. An example of a review is a short description that appears at the end or at the beginning of any book. Its goal is only to highlight the main idea of the work and its brief description.
How to write a review of the article
Quite often the question arises: "How do you write a review of the article?" An example of a review can be found in scientific journals, but nevertheless, for proper compilation it is necessary to know the basic principles and nuances of its writing.
The most important rule that must be learnedeach reviewer, is that the review should always be justified and reasoned. A reader who has read a work (whether scientifically or literally) can simply express his thought with the words "like" whether "I do not like", "believe" or "do not believe". The reviewer must necessarily support his opinion with arguments.
If the reviewer puts forward a hypothesis,contrary to the opinion of the author, he must justify it. But it's important to remember that a review is just a short analysis of an article or a book. In this work, abstract judgments about other articles, books, and so on are unacceptable. In the review there is only an opinion on this work.