Replacement of oil seals valves VAZ-2110 (8 valves) with their own hands: features of the work
If the engine started to "eat" the oil, then it doesdoes not mean that it's time to carry out major repairs. It is possible that the replacement of the VAZ-2110 valve seals is required. 8 valves in the gas distribution system, there are special oil-reflectors on them. They do not allow lubrication to get into the combustion chambers on the legs of the valves. And when oil seals are destroyed, oil begins to seep into the cylinders.
What are seals?
Made of rubber elements and necessary forIn order to remove oil from the legs of the valves. Moreover, rubber has high strength, is capable of withstanding high temperatures. When oil gets into the cylinders, it starts to burn, from the exhaust pipe goes black smoke (a clear symptom of the fact that the engine requires major repairs). In some cases, the valve guides may be the cause of these symptoms.
On the legs of the valves, the inner surfaces of the chamberscombustion, exhaust manifold, there is a deposit. This significantly reduces engine power, since less fuel-air mixture enters the cylinders. The resource of the engine considerably decreases, the expense of gasoline increases. Therefore, if you notice the first symptoms of the destruction of the oil seals, change them urgently - the consequences can be deplorable. In car-care centers, the prices for replacing the oil-reflectors are high, what can we say about the overhaul of the engine or cylinder head.
Characteristic signs of breakdowns
Before you start to repair, you need to make surein that there really is a breakdown. The replacement of the valve seals VAZ-2110 (8 valves) is required in cases where there are such symptoms:
- Increase in oil consumption.
- Smoke during start-up of a cold car engine.
- The lower edge of the carving of the spark plugs is oily.
- When the cylinder head is opened, you can see oily black streaks on the camshaft.
All these signs give out a malfunctionoil removable caps (seals) valves. The edge on which the spring is located does not fulfill its function - the oil is not removed from the valves. In the event that the oil seal completely fails, the oil consumption will increase many times. The amount of carbon will also become larger.
What are the best oil seals?
In order to replace the stuffing boxvalves VAZ-2110 (8 valves), you need to buy spare parts. On the shelves of shops you can find details of the production of many companies. But the best quality seals are made by such manufacturers:
- "Ellring." Produced in Germany, are multi-branded elements (can be installed on the engines of any cars, including domestic "scores").
- "Reserve" - are produced in Samara, perfectly show themselves when operating on domestic cars.
- "Goetz" - are manufactured in Germany, but there are many fakes on the Russian market.
- "Victor Rains" is also a German manufacturer, the elements have good operational qualities.
Please note that the installationsubstandard or counterfeit elements will entail their fast failure. The company "Goetz" is engaged in the production of oil seals valves, they have only a red color. And if you met on the counter elements of this manufacturer, but green, it is an obvious forgery.
Before replacing the VAZ-2110 valve seals (8 valves), you need to perform some simple manipulations to prepare the car for repair:
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery.
- Dismount the air filter housing.
- Remove the cover, which covers the mechanism of timing.
- Disconnect the air suction cable (on the carburetor models).
- Unscrew the two nuts with which the cover covering the camshaft is fixed.
- Install the distribution and crankshaft pulleys along the marks.
- Secure the camshaft pulley by inserting a piece of pipe into the slot. It is necessary that it is put on the stud in the cylinder head.
- Release the bolt that secures the camshaft pulley, using the spanner on the 17.
That's all, now the entire valve mechanism in front ofeyes. In the event that the work is carried out on the carburetor engine, it will be necessary to remove the pump (fuel) and the ignition distributor. Similarly, work is also being done to replace the guide valves.
Replacement of glands
Be sure to remove the camshaft pulleyand twist the pastels on which it is located. Be sure to unscrew the bolts from the center to the edges. Rocker and pastels are removed and laid aside (be sure to remember their location). Further manipulations:
- Dismantle the springs of rockers.
- Twist out the candles.
- Dry the valves on the first and fourth cylinders. It is advisable to use a puller for this job.
- Remove the old slingers using two screwdrivers or a puller. Try not to destroy the cermet parts of the guide bushings.
- New oil seals need to be soaked in oil.
- On the upper part of the valve (where the slots under the biscuits are located), install a special polyethylene sleeve.
- Establish a new epiploon and remove the plug. Pressing the stuffing box can be carried out using a 10-pipe spanner.
After completing all the manipulations with the replacementoil seal, install springs, plates and biscuits on the valve. In car-care centers the prices for such services are rather high - about 1500 rubles. And this is the case if the valve seals VAZ-2110 (8 valves) are being replaced. For 16-valve motors, this service is more expensive.
Completion of work
After they put all the newyou can start assembling. It is quite realistic to replace the oil seals of the valves without removing the head. After the dismantling of cylinder head is a laborious process, which will require replacement of the gasket and drain of antifreeze. Assembling the motor:
- Install the cover, use only the new gasket.
- Install the camshaft pulley and tighten the bolt.
- Install the distributor and crankshaft pulleys, install the timing belt and tension it.
- Install all attachments.
After carrying out repairs, be sure to checkthe fact that the engine's operation has returned to normal, there are no more symptoms of a breakdown. If it is necessary to repair the VAZ-2110 valves, a simple replacement of the oil-reflectors is indispensable. It will be necessary to dismantle the cylinder head and to change, to clean all the valves.