Payments to low-income families in 2019
Despite the fact that in order to save budget funds, the Government of the Russian Federation plans to cut funding for certain social programs, payments to low-income families in 2019 will not stop, and will be issued in the amount established by law. Additionally, the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation is working to create a unified register of citizens whose incomes are below the subsistence minimum in order to be able to provide them with targeted financial assistance to improve the current financial situation. According to the initiators of this innovation, it will help stabilize the demographic situation in the country and partially relieve social tensions in society, which have noticeably increased due to the recent negative trends in the country's economy.
Who can claim help
Social payments to low-income families in 2019 will be predominantly individual in nature, and will not be provided on a general basis, as was the case until 2018.
Given the widespread use of the application system, only those who apply to social authorities in a timely manner and provide the necessary documents will be able to count on monetary support from the state. If a citizen does not take such an initiative, it will be considered that he does not need material support from the state and payments to him will not be charged.
Along with other benefits for low-income families in 2019, low-income citizens can expect to receive maternity capital under general conditions, as well as regional grants and benefits that are granted to residents of individual territorial units.
The main criterion by which such social status is determined is the amount of income calculated for each family member (both an adult and a minor). For this, all the monthly incomes of the household are summed up first, and the resulting value is taken as its total income. In this case, the calculation takes into account all official cash receipts, which are reflected in the tax return, including the material support received by citizens on the basis of previously filed applications and appeals.
The total family income is divided by the number of its members, after which the resulting figure is compared with the minimum subsistence level established by the state (its value constantly changes as the country's economic situation changes). And if it is below the subsistence minimum, then the family can receive the status of the poor and rely on state support.
Types of social assistance
In each region of the Russian Federation approved its own list of subsidies for low-income citizens. To find out which benefits are available to low-income families in 2019, you should contact your local community where you can also get information about the package of necessary documents.
At the federal and regional levels, assistance is provided in the following forms:
- the allocation of food, fuel, medicines, clothing, etc .;
- tax benefits (various deductions approved by current legislation);
- Additional payments to citizens of retirement age, provided that their income is below the subsistence minimum established in the region;
- preferential employment (primarily for state-owned enterprises);
- social mortgage and assistance in its design;
- allocation out of turn of land or gardens for personal use;
- compensation of a part of funds spent on payment of utility bills (as a rule, if such expenses amount to more than 20% of family income).
It will be possible to find out how much the poor will receive in 2019 when the Rosstat calculates the inflation rate for 2018 (such payments are subject to mandatory indexation, which is provided for by the current law No. 444-ФЗ dated November 19, 2016). In any case, they can count on:
- monthly child support approved at the federal level. The size of such payments depends on the region of residence: for example, families of St. Petersburg and Moscow receive larger payments, since the subsistence minimum in these cities is significantly higher than in other cities of the Russian Federation;
- benefit for the third and each subsequent child who is paid up to the age of three
- targeted assistance, the size of which is determined at the regional level. The data of families in need of state support, social bodies are obtained from a single registry, which was first formed in 2018;
- student payments.You can count on such a cash benefit only if the student’s family has the status of a poor and is already on social security with the state;
- payment for good nutrition, which is provided monthly to pregnant women and mothers with children under the age of 3 years (if they do not go to kindergarten). It may be issued on the basis of a medical certificate or on condition that the family does not have the means to provide adequate nutrition, which is confirmed by relevant documents.
Increasing payments to low-income families in 2019 may not occur only if the government decides to freeze certain types of material assistance in order to save a portion of the budget. If indexation is not approved, the amount of cash collateral will be provided in the same amount as in 2018.