How to sell products?
The main issues of economic activityindustrial enterprises are the supply, production and marketing of products. Products are products, services and works that can be offered to the market as a commodity.
Sales of products
Sales - a set of activities aimed at promoting products to the market:
- Receiving orders and processing them.
- Demand formation.
- Preparation of products for shipment to the consumer, its equipment.
- Shipment to the vehicle.
- Delivery to the destination or sale.
The sales task is also the organization of payments for products.
The sales policy of the enterprise is:
- The set of marketing strategies chosen by the management of this organization: the strategy of positioning the goods, covering the market.
- A set of actions aimed at:
- Formation of product range and pricing.
- Demand formation and sales promotion: commercial lending, advertising, discounts.
- Conclusion of contracts for the sale of goods.
- Conclusion of contracts on commodity circulation, organizational, material and technical and other aspects of sales.
Sales activity has three directions:
- Planning, that is, forecasting.
- Organization of sales of products.
- Control and coordinate it.
Each of these directions consists of certain functions that correspond to its specificity.
Sales planning includes:
- Definition of goals.
- Study of internal and external conditions.
- Preparation of sales forecasts.
- Development of the prospects for demand and market conditions.
- Drawing up a supply plan.
- Selection of channels for distribution of goods.
- Planning of economic relations.
- Planning of advertising activities, foreign trade operations, additional services.
- Profit planning, budgeting, which will be used to manage distribution and distribution.
At the initial stage of sales planning, it is necessary to study the internal and external conditions of the enterprise's working capacity. In the event of a change in external conditions, an adjustment is needed for internal ones.
It is necessary to identify existing problems, for the solution of which the following goals are set:
- Achieving the desired amount of revenue, sales volumes.
- Establishment of households. ties.
- Optimization of product stocks.
- Increase the effectiveness of sales staff.
- The quality of additional services that are provided to the consumer.
- Increase the effectiveness of work with claims.
- Rationalization of trade.
- Selection of effective implementation channels.
- Minimization of transportation costs.
- Increase of income from foreign trade transactions.
- Optimization of costs associated with the sale.
- Strengthening the effectiveness of advertising policy.
- Stimulation of sales and consumer demand.
This list can be different for different enterprises and for one enterprise in different periods of its economic activity.
Sales organization should be carried out taking into account all production and market factors of the organization.
Sales organization includes:
- Collect information about the demand for products.
- Conclusion of contracts for the supply.
- Selection of implementation methods.
- Choice of ways of delivery of production to the buyer.
- Development of technology of commodity circulation.
- Organization of advertising activities and stimulating demand.
- Organization of reporting.
- The organization of legal, claim work and trade communications.
Sales of products are carried out in several ways.
- Through its own network.
- Through a system of brokers, distributors, independent agents and jobbers.
Formation of own sales network is directedto sell their own products. The enterprise in this case can monitor the implementation of its strategy in the market and maintain a direct connection with the consumer.
But your own network is appropriate if you have enoughlarge volume of sales. If the narrow segment of the market and individual non-regular customers are serviced, the use of own staff of marketing personnel is inexpedient. It is necessary to combine it with marketing through intermediaries.
If business leaders know how to sell products, then their organizations will be profitable and successful.