How to improve the performance of a laptop?
Old or new, productive and not very -any laptop needs regular maintenance, otherwise even the most powerful "laptop" will take a long time to boot and slow down when you work. Let's figure out how to improve the performance of the laptop software, as well as with the help of simple actions from the user. From the last and begin.
How to optimize your laptop
If the laptop is loaded for a long time,it is necessary that you catch a virus. Very often the reason for such "brakes" is much more banal, namely: a large number of programs in startup. That's why when your OS (operating system) is loaded, at the same time there is a load of programs, ranging from small computer optimization utilities, antivirus and antispyware packages, to various applications that are commonly used for special purposes (such as Daemon Tools for image mounting and Download Master for batch downloading files from the Internet).
And, if the antivirus and antispyware software(software) is really necessary for servicing your laptop and its protection, then the latest applications can be safely removed from the startup. Usually, when installing or configuring a particular program, many users, without hesitation, put daws in front of various items, including the point of autoloading. If the settings of the program allow, then just disable this function, if not, download one of the special programs - laptop and PC service managers or use the simple advice given by one of our specialists in the article How to increase the productivity of your computer.
Utility for optimizing your laptop
As for special optimization utilitieslaptop and PC, then I personally use the program TuneUp Utilities. Download it, for example, from here and after installation we perform the proposed procedures for optimizing the computer.
I advise you to carefully review the listof the proposed actions, as sometimes when blindly following the recommendations of the program, there may be some inconvenience when working with individual applications.
For example, TuneUp Utilities can delete alltraces of your work in a particular browser, and you will have to re-enter passwords on sites or the search history of search engines will be unavailable. Therefore, placing ticks, be careful. In the rest it is a very convenient program, a real optimization manager, which will allow you to:
- deactivate unnecessary startup programs;
- Deactivate unused programs so they do not load the system while working in the background;
- Defragment hard disks (order the contents of disks) for faster response of programs (after such procedure the speed of your laptop can increase very much);
- liberate a lot of disk space (by deleting temporary files and disabling unnecessary functions - for example, going into hibernation mode, the file of which takes up to 3 GB of extra space);
- clean and defrag registry (in the registrythere will always be traces of previously deleted programs - after cleaning and defragmenting the registry, even the system will boot faster), and also remove non-working shortcuts.
We cleaned up the autorun, deleted unnecessary temporary files and functions, but the computer continues to slow down at boot. There may be several reasons for this:
- Too "swollen" desktop. Here it is meant that you have many shortcuts on the desktop and, more importantly, many files are in the folders. The fact is that everything that is on the desktop of your laptop, the system also loads so that these programs and files can be opened faster. That's why do not store large amounts of data on the desktop and make sure that there are not too many shortcuts.
- The hard drive is corrupted. Open the "My Computer" tab and look at the free space on the disks. Ideally, the hard disk should not be filled by more than 75-80%. If the fill indicator (strip) is red, you need to urgently clean the disk, since the clogged disk will load all the programs, including the OS at start-up, noticeably longer.
- It often happens that it slows down significantlywork laptop and various viruses. In this case, it is enough to install an anti-virus program (for example, Avast, Avira or other shareware applications) or a broad-based program with the possibility of catching not only viruses, but also various anti-spyware programs and other "joys". Of the latter I can recommend Emsisoft Anti-Malware, I checked - the program cleaned my "laptop" just fine, removing a lot of malicious programs that the usual antivirus program did not notice.