How to grow cyclamen?
Growing up at home is such a beautiful, flowering plant,as cyclamen (the popular name of "dregs") is not difficult. In this case, the main thing is to show accuracy and patience, because room cyclamen from seeds to "adult" flowering plants sprout within a year. Cyclamen, grown on its own, will be less whimsical and much more adapted to the conditions of a particular apartment than the one purchased. About how to grow cyclamen from seeds at home, and will go further.
How to grow cyclamen from seeds
Seeds for sowing cyclamen can be bought instore, or take them from a house flower (previously dried). The germination in both cases will be equivalent. In order to successfully grow cyclamen, you should follow the following sequence of actions:
- Soak the seeds. To do this, it is necessary to soak a piece of soft cloth, bandage or cotton wool with warm water, put seeds on it and leave it for 14 hours, making sure that they do not dry out.
- Prepare a small pot for planting (at the bottom of the pot there must be holes and a thin layer of drainage).
- Pour into the pot a ready flower soil for cyclamen (layer of 6-8 cm) and pour it.
- Spread the seeds on the surface of the soil at a distance of about 3 cm from each other, and sprinkle them with a thin layer of earth.
- Keep pots with germinating seeds should be in a dark, cool room (where not higher than +15 degrees).
- Daily watered cyclamen seedlings, while avoiding stagnation of water.
- When the first shoots germinate (it resembles small round tuber buds, from which green-violet leaf loops unfold), the plant should be brought to light.
- After the appearance of two sheets, the cyclamen must be dived. Do this carefully, taking out the seedling along with the clod of earth. When picking a tuber you have to fall asleep on the ground.
- When the flower is fully developed, it must be transplanted into a separate pot, digging the tuber into the ground in half.
About the peculiarities of caring for the growing cyclamen is told in the article of our site. How to care for the cyclamen.