How to flash an iPhone?
Watch the video
Apple products every dayis gaining increasing popularity among consumers in the world market. Most of its devices users liked for their ease of use, stylish design and excellent functionality, which allows you to fully enjoy all the benefits of modern technology.
In 2007, Apple began to produce one of thethe most popular smartphone in the world - the iPhone. It differed from the analogs with an innovative finger-oriented interface, which allowed to operate the device without a stylus, a metal case and a capacitive touchscreen (while competitors used less durable resistive sensors). The company quickly got a huge number of fans who liked the iPhone.
Despite the fact that this device from Appleis a smartphone, iPhone is very easy to use. The operation process does not differ much from the usual phone with the expanded functionality. All settings can be "adjusted" for themselves within a few minutes. But, despite this, this device can fail due to software or hardware failures. If this happens, then you need to perform a flashing to restore the smartphone.
How to flash an iPhone using a computer?
If your smartphone is working properly, but you want to restore the original state of its OS or update it, then you will need:
- Original USB cable (preferably not Chinesecopy). Very often, non-original USB can only be used to charge or exchange data with a computer, while failures can occur during firmware.
- If your smartphone is "locked" under any operator, then you need its SIM card to unlock the device (or a special programmable sim, which is used in such cases).
- High speed internet.
- Laptop or computer with uninterruptible power supplypower supply. If the light is switched off during the firmware, the device may hang at one of the stages and stop functioning correctly, so it is desirable to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the PC.
- Installed on the computer proprietary software. The iTunes program can be downloaded from the official Apple website, after which it must be installed on a PC.
- Charge the device at least 50 percent before starting the firmware.
There are 2 ways to flash the smartphone: with the help of restoration or software update. In the first case, all user data is deleted from the device and it is stitched up to the latest version of the OS available on the Apple server (this method is more preferable, since it avoids glitches in the device operation). In the second case, all user data remains in place, and only the memory partition with the operating system undergoes software update. In this case, you need a separate firmware file.
Firmware device using the "Restore" function
If you want to restore iPhone, then forstart backing up all the data. To do this, you can use the cloud service iCloud (just go to the device settings, select iCloud, navigate to the "Backup" section and click "Create backup") or iTunes (connect the device to the computer via USB, in the window that opens, go to tab "Overview", check the box next to "Create a backup copy on this PC" and click "Create backup").
Process of firmware of the device:
- Connect the smartphone to the computer via USB and wait for the drivers to be installed.
- After that, unlock the iPhone and confirm on it that you trust this PC;
- Next, you need to open iTunes if it did not start after connecting the device;
- Now go to the "Overview" tab and click the "Restore" button;
- After that, we agree that all data will be erased, we expect to complete the download and install the firmware;
- After completing the firmware, we click on the "Restore from a copy" button on the "Overview" tab and select the backup created earlier.
In the same way, you can flash iPhone 3G, as well as other obsolete models (the latest firmware version for each particular model will be available for installation).