How to draw a New Year greeting card?
Watch the video
It's nice when a gift for the holiday is made byhands! The most popular option is a homemade card. Although making it will require quite a lot of time, imagination and strength, the addressee will certainly appreciate your efforts. And some man-made postcards do look like works of art.
About how to draw a Christmas or New Year's greeting card, we'll talk about this article.
Preparation of materials
- First of all, we need a basis forpostcards. Simple office paper of regular density is not suitable. It is best to take a sheet of thick white cardboard (A4 size for large, A5 for small postcard). On the white cardboard is most convenient to draw. However, it should not be glossy. In addition, do not forget that the cardboard should be well bent in half.
- To draw a New Year's card, we will need: paints, pencils. And also - scissors, glue, colored paper for decoration.
The decoration of the New Year's card takes place in several stages:
- Draw a pencil sketch on the cardboard. We mark out the composition of the future postcard. It is best to draw something simple, symbolizing the New Year: a Christmas tree, Santa Claus, Snow Maiden, a sledge with deer, snow. Notwe forget that our postcard will bend in half.
- At the bottom of the picture (or above - as you like), we designate a greeting "Happy New Year" or "Merry Christmas".
- Color the work with colors (it is better to takeacrylic, because watercolor is unstable to water) is brighter. We leave to dry properly. Who can not wait, you can use a hair dryer!
- Next, we produce the final decor of the postcard: glue snowflakes, Christmas trees cut from colored paper, sprinkle with sequins.
- Inside the opening New Year's card, you can write a congratulatory letter addressed personally to the addressee with the wishes of a happy New Year or Christmas.
For more information, see How to draw a postcard.