How to defrost the refrigerator correctly No Frost
Refrigerators with No Frost system (literally "no"frost "), are designed to save time for their owners, saving them from a long defrosting procedure. Manufacturers unanimously assert that "under normal operating conditions, the removal of frost from the evaporator of the refrigerating chamber occurs automatically each time the compressor is turned off." Therefore, units with No Frost technology should not be defrosted. But is it really so? Let's understand.
Refrigerator No Frost: defrost or not?
Of course, the manufacturers' assertion that theirunits do not need defrosting, do not take too literally. The presence of a "magic" automatic defrosting function does not eliminate the need for periodic cleaning of the refrigerator chambers.
The thing is that in the process of exploitationInside the refrigerator, various contaminants could form, accumulate residues of food, crumbs, etc. And then, in order to exclude the possibility of unfavorable for the environment, the unit will have to be thawed by hand (1-2 times per year).
In addition, even the most "fancy" refrigeratorNo Frost may slightly frost over time, lose cooling capacity, etc. And then manual defrosting will be just a forced measure, otherwise the refrigerator will not work properly.
Attention!If the refrigeratorNoFrostfreezes a lot of ice and snow in the freezer, thisindicates the malfunctioning operation of the unit. Defrosting will help to get rid of ice for a maximum of 1-2 weeks, but can aggravate the breakdown. We recommend that you call a technician.
Defrosting the refrigerator No Frost - read the instruction
So, what needs to be done beforeto proceed directly to defrosting? Correctly - to study the instruction manual. It will certainly contain information on how to properly care for the unit. If it turns out that the paper operation manual is lost, you can find the instructions you need by clicking on the link or by reading our advice on correct defrosting.
General recommendations for defrosting and cleaning the refrigerator system No Frost
- Disconnect the refrigerator from the mains.Before starting defrosting the unit, pull it out of the socket.
- Empty the refrigerator chambers.Remove all products, shelves and trays from it. After that, the door should be left open.
- Do not try to speed up the defrosting process.Let the refrigerator chambers thaw out the naturalThus, in the No Frost unit this will not take much time. Do not try to accelerate defrosting by using a hair dryer, hot water tanks or sharp objects - thus risking damage to the equipment.
- Make a wet cleaning in the refrigerator chambers.After the unit completely thawed,Wipe all internal and external surfaces of the refrigerator, as well as drawers and shelves with a damp sponge. It is important to remember that you do not need to use aggressive cleaning agents for this purpose, which can damage the plastic. It is quite enough for washing dishes or a solution of table soda. After the treatment, wait until all the surfaces of the refrigerator are completely dry.
- For refrigerators with partialNoFrost:clean the drainage hole.If your unit has a drip systemdefrosting the refrigerator compartment, it is not superfluous to clean the drainage port for condensate drainage. Usually it is located at the bottom of the back wall (above or behind the boxes for vegetables and fruits). It can be washed with warm water from a syringe and / or cleaned with a cotton swab.
- Turn the refrigerator on.After carrying out the defrosting and cleaning procedure, turn on the refrigerator. But do not immediately distribute the products on the shelves, wait until the unit has reached the set temperature.
These are the general recommendations for defrosting and cleaning the No Frost refrigerators. Their observance will help you keep the refrigerator in good condition for many years.