How to cut flounder?
Flounder - very tasty and low-fat fish, richvitamins. Such a fish can be used for cooking a wide variety of dishes, including fried ones. But before that flounder must be cut.
Consider how to do it right.
Floundering: a step-by-step description
To cut a flounder for frying, baking or cooking, follow these instructions:
- Rinse the fish thoroughly under water, dry it on a paper towel, lay it on a cutting board, cut the fins first, then the tail.
- Chop the belly of the flounder and pull out the intestines, and then rinse it thoroughly under running water again.
- Carefully cut off the head of the fish.
- Make an incision in the center of the flounder directly to the bone and cut the fillets neatly. Do the same with the other side of the carcass. In total, you should get four pieces of fillets and one ridge.
- With the fish cut, you can optionally remove the skin. To do this, poke it with a knife, and then pull it, and it will easily separate from the fillets. However, the flounder's skin is also very tasty, so it is better to leave it.
From the resulting pieces you can immediately preparedifferent dishes. You can bake flounder along with vegetables or with your favorite sauce, fry in a frying pan with spices, make a meatball or other delicious dish.
We also recommend reading the article How to Clean Flounder.