How to cook goulash from pork?
Goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish,but, despite this, it has become widespread in many countries around the world. In different regions, goulash is done in its own way, using different types of meat. To date, there are many recipes for cooking this dish. Each mistress has her own secrets and methods for obtaining the perfect taste. To prepare a traditional Hungarian goulash, as a rule, veal or beef is used. We in this material will tell you how to cook goulash from pork, in view of the popularity of this meat in our country. This recipe is simple, however, this does not affect the taste of the dish.
Pork goulash: cooking
For cooking pork goulash for fourguests we need: 0.5 kilograms of meat, one head of onions and a tablespoon of flour. In addition, the dish needs three tablespoons of tomato paste and the same amount of vegetable oil, as well as 5-6 black peppercorns, two bay leaves and two teaspoons of salt. It will not be superfluous to have black pepper, which can be added to the dish to taste. The preparation time for goulash from such quantity of products will take about 55-60 minutes.
- In order to make the meat juicy and soft, and the sauce perfectly complemented the garnish, it is necessary to fry the pork with tomato paste and flour before stewing.
- Start cooking with washing the meat in a jet of cold water.
- After that pork is cut into smallpieces. Further on the frying pan it is necessary to pour vegetable oil and to warm it up a little. Then there is laid out meat and fried about 5 minutes on a small fire. In this case, the pork must be stirred for uniform frying.
- The next step is the onion, which is finelyit is cut and laid out on a frying pan. Together with meat, it should be roasted over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Do not forget to stir the contents of the pan periodically.
- Next, you need to pepper and salt the future goulash, as well as add flour and black pepper with peas. All this fry, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- After this comes the turn of tomato paste. Three tablespoons of this product should be added to the dish and mixed properly.
- Then add a bay leaf and two glasses of cold water. Then the dish is covered with a lid, and stewed for about 30 minutes over a small fire.
How to Serve Goulash
Continuing the conversation about how to cook goulashfrom pork, you need to pay attention to the issue of its filing on the table. Finished dish should be seasoned with finely chopped herbs. You can serve goulash on the table with any side dish, however, this dish is best combined with mashed potatoes with pickles or salad.
Sometimes goulash is served with small "chips"which are pieces of dough, similar to dumplings. For this, they need to be douched from the dough and at the very end of the cooking, add the dish to the pan. Dough can be prepared any, according to one's own taste. The main thing is that the "chip makers" are small, then they do not need long-term heat treatment.