How to cook apple jam: the secrets of cooking and the most delicious recipes of transparent apple jam with slices and jam with step-by-step photos and video tips
Toward the end of the summer, the hostesses, to pamper their loved ones with a delicious dessert, begin to make blanks for the winter. If you have a crop of apples in your garden, then it’s easy to make jam. In addition, you can choose any recipe that suits you and your family. After all, there are a lot of them on the Internet. The most delicious of them read on.
The main thing in the article
Apple jam: what do you need for cooking?
Probably, many adults, when they see apple jam fragrant, golden in color, remember grandmother with warmth. After all, she not only knew how to cook such a yummy, but also baked lush, fragrant tea cakes with this delicacy. And every woman has her own secret to make a delicious filling for baking.
To make jam, you need two main components:
The remaining auxiliary products are added to the dish as desired. In particular, in order for the dessert to acquire an extraordinary taste, you can prepare a fruit platter with:
IMPORTANT: For cooking delicacies, it is better to use enamel-coated dishes or stainless steel. Well, if the bottom is not too thin. It is recommended to use bowls, as the jam in this pot is evenly heated and boiled. It is better to save apples from sticking with a wooden spoon.
How much should you cook apple jam?
Sweet, appetizing dish is cooked in several stages. Such a process contributes to obtaining a quality product. Due to the gradual boiling of apples over low heat, the jam will have a clear, amber appearance and will not burn.
Detailed description of cooking:
- It is advisable to find a container with a thick bottom, put apples and sugar there. When the juice starts to stand out, put it on fire.
- Simmer a treat for about ten minutes.
- Then cover the still unprepared jam with a cloth so that insects do not get there. Leave for seven hours.
- After the time has passed, repeat the process - again boil the apple jam for ten minutes, leave to stand for 6-7 hours.
- After a third time, boil down the sweet apple dessert. After that, you can roll the jam in jars or try for tea.
The easiest recipe for cooking apple jam
If you like regular apple jam without any additives, then cook it as follows:
- Granulated sugar - 925 g
- Apples - 725 g.
- Prepare the fruit. Namely - wash them, get rid of the core. Cut the same pieces.
- Place fragrant slices into the container as follows: first pour some sugar at the bottom, put a layer of apples on top, pour it with sugar and so until you distribute all the fruits.
- Leave the mass for a few hours, until the apples are soaked with syrup, let the juice.
- Simmer on a slow fire. Boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Put the hot mass out of the oven. Let stand for 18-20 hours.
- On the next day, repeat the cooking process again. On the third day, add some delicacy, roll up in sterile jars.
How to cook apple jam slices: a step by step recipe
You will get excellent transparent apple jam if you use whole fruits for it (not broken, with a dense pulp structure).
- Vanillin - 3 g;
- Apples - 4 kg;
- Sugar - 3.8 kg;
- Water - 225 ml
Prepare the fruit for cooking. To do this, select solid apples, wash them in a large container, cut into medium-sized slices, after removing the core.
Pour the flavored apples sugar, put on the table. Let it stand so until the juice appears.
Put the bowl on the fire, pour some water. When the apples boil, make the smallest gas, cook a treat for five minutes. It is undesirable to interfere, otherwise the integrity of sliced apples may be damaged.
Leave the bowl on the stove. Cover the jam with a large lid, so let it cost at least seven hours. Then repeat the tea leaves a few more times until the delicacy is ready. Determining this is easy - the apple slices will no longer float all in the upper part, but are evenly distributed in the syrup.Also, if you drop the jam on a plate, the drop will harden - it will not spread like water.
For lovers of sweet aromas, it is recommended to add a little vanillin at the end of cooking dessert for savory taste.
IMPORTANT: If you want to achieve the maximum effect to make the jam perfect, choose hard fruits. And yet, dip whole apples before cooking dessert in cold water for 20 minutes. Then the lobules will be intact.
Apple jam in the form of jam: a detailed recipe with photos
To make a jelly-like jam of a beautiful orange color, do the following.
Prepare the products:
- Apples - 1.3 kg;
- Sugar - 0.8 kg;
- Lemon - 1 pc .;
- Juice from oranges - 130 ml;
- Cinnamon - 5 g;
Cook the jam as follows.:
- Wash fruits in ordinary water, remove the core, peel the skin, cut into pieces.
- Put the bowl on the fire, put the slices of apples (300 g), fill them with water. Cook the apples for about 8 minutes until they are soft.
- Fold the fruits in a colander, and cook the juice further, but with sugar.
- When it becomes slightly viscous, you can add the rest, crushed in a blender fruit.
- Boil the mass of not more than 20 minutes.Pureed apples should occupy almost the entire volume, if they are few, then add more.
- At the end of cooking, add in the juice of oranges, ground lemon, ginger (optional).
The recipe for delicious apple jam with pumpkin
It is necessary to prepare such preparation for the winter already in the autumn when both apples and pumpkins will be ripe. Much has already been said about the benefits of this delicacy. We add only that the jam will be in the winter a source of vitamins, carotene, which removes excess fluid from the body.
- Apples - 1 kg;
- Apple juice - 115 ml;
- Pumpkin - 925 g;
- Lemon - 1 pc .;
- Sugar - 825 g;
- Cinnamon - 5 g.
- Clean the pumpkin. Cut it. Place in a container, cover with water (325 ml). Boil for about ten minutes.
- There also add sliced apples without skin.
- If you like jam with sourness, then add the juice of one lemon fruit.
- Cook the sweet mass for another ten minutes.
- When a little cool, chop the pieces in a blender.
- Put on the fire. Add the remaining ingredients, let it boil for about five minutes. Close up of assorted sweet jam in sterile jars.
Original recipe for apple jam with mandarin and orange
- Orange - 1 pc .;
- Mandarins - 165 g;
- Apples - 925 g;
- Water - 225 ml;
- Sugar - 225 ml.
- Boil oranges. Wash them with a brush.
- Cut them into slices, peel tangerines, also break them into pieces, boil with water for about 9 minutes so that the fruit becomes softer.
- Add sugar. Cook the same amount of time for jam.
- Then send the peeled, chopped apples to the syrup.
- Boil the treat until it has a slight viscosity and the fruit is transparent.
IMPORTANT! So that the jam does not have a bitter aftertaste, you can add orange slices to it without the peel, and with a small amount of zest.
Jam of apples and pears: a simple recipe with photos
This delicacy will appeal to both adults and children.
- Pears - 975 g;
- Apples - 975 g;
- Sugar - 1125 g;
- Water 475 ml.
- First, cut, peeled apples boil in water.
- Strain the juice. Chop the slices of apples in a blender, and in water boil chopped pears.
- Add sugar to the mass, when a little time passes, pour apple sauce into the jam.
- Boil until cooked, and then distribute over the banks and roll up.
Apple jam with lemon
Lemon will not only give a pleasant aroma to a sweet dessert, but also saturate the taste of the delicacy with a slight sourness.
- Apples - 925 g;
- Lemon - 1 pc .;
- Water - 175 ml;
- Vanilla - 4 years
- Cook jam, as usual from apple slices. You have to boil down dessert three times, as described above in the section “How much to make jam”.
- When you boil the sweet treat for the last time, add lemon juice, zest and vanilla to the composition.
- Roll up the finished billet.
Apple Cinnamon Jam
Such a dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also in the slow cooker. And in the slow cooker, it turns out tastier.
- Apples - 1975;
- Sugar - 975 g;
- Spice sticks (cinnamon) - 2 pcs.
- Place prepared sliced pieces of fruit into the multicooker container.
- Add sugar to it and add the spice.
- Close the appliance. Turn on mode -Jam.
- From time to time you should stir a lot, just be careful that when you open the lid you do not overwhelm with steam.
Instant Apple Jam: Recipe
This method of cooking this delicacy is suitable for those who have gathered a large harvest of apples, and there is not enough time to process them.
- Apples - 2,725 kg
- Sugar - 1.225 kg.
- Treat the fruits, cut them.
- Put the pieces in a container. Add sugar.
- Give them time to make some juice.
- Then put on fire. When the entire surface of the jam boils, immediately lay it on a sterile container, roll up.
- Keep it in a cold cellar.
Seasoning for delicious apple jam
As spices for apple jam use the most unexpected ingredients. In particular, add to the treat:
- even bay leaf (for spicy dishes).
The most delicious apple jam: tricks and key secrets
Not everyone knows what is required for apple jam to be perfect. Read below cooking tricks:
- Choose fruits of the same hardness so that the jam is uniform.
- Choose the right dishes for cooking delicacies. Do not cook the dish in an aluminum container. Give preference to enamel (without chipping) and stainless steel bowls or pots.
- Boil jam, jam in several approaches over low heat. Be sure to respect the proportions and storage mode, otherwise the product may sour.
- Do not overcook the dish, it may become too thick, and its color - dark.
- To make the sweet food no longer candied, add a little lemon juice or citric acid at the end.
IMPORTANT! When cooking fragrant, sweet jam, you can slightly adjust the recipes. If you like a rich taste, then add more sugar, spices and other ingredients to the dish. Just try not to reduce the amount of sugar, otherwise the jam can simply sour.