How to choose a chandelier?
The responsibility of such an event as the choice andThe purchase of a chandelier is doubled by the fact that this household appliance is simultaneously one of the most important parts of the situation. The chandelier is a source of light and is conspicuous in any room. Therefore, the question of how to choose a chandelier should be approached with all responsibility. There are several criteria that should be considered, stopping the choice of a particular chandelier.
- No matter how many lamps there were in the chandelier, its powerconsists of the sum of the power of all light sources. In Russia, for many years, incandescent lamps have been used as the main sources of light. Therefore, most, from habit, relate the amount of light flux to the power of this type of lamp. On the one hand it is even convenient and helps to make a choice in the store.
- For a living room or a hall, depending on the area, it is enough to choose a chandelier with a power from 150 to 300 W.
- Kitchen with an average area will be quite goodIlluminated chandelier with a power of 120-150 watts. If you need to better highlight the stove or desktop, you can use additional spotlights. Such, for example, are often built into the hood.
- For the bathroom, the power of 80-100 W is enough. If necessary, you can additionally highlight the mirror with spotlights.
- If you install additional light sourcesit will be impossible, it is better to choose a chandelier more. For example, you can choose a chandelier for a hall with more power and install a switch with power adjustment. And if you install such a switch in the nursery, the chandelier can also be used as a night lamp.
Lamps are a source of light, and therefore theirthe choice is also of no small importance. Currently, in the chandeliers, most commonly used are light sources such as incandescent lamps, halogen lamps, fluorescent lamps and LED lamps. First of all, it is necessary to decide which chandelier to choose, in terms of compliance with the requirements of comfort lighting and economy.
- Incandescent lamps give a pleasant light, comfortablefor the eyes and pretty much like a sunny one. However, in terms of economy, these lamps are too "gluttonous" and have a short lifespan. In addition, they are very hot and therefore fire dangerous.
- Halogen lamps are a type of lampsincandescent, but instead of a vacuum, their vials contain iodine or bromine vapor. From the point of view of economy, they are at the same level as incandescent lamps, but their undoubted advantage is the high color rendition.
- Fluorescent lamps consume much lessenergy, but they also have a number of shortcomings. Their light is unnatural and often "cuts the eye." A new generation of these lamps, created for household use (the so-called "energy-saving" lamps), lacks some drawbacks and theoretically such lamps should work much longer than usual. However, due to constant voltage fluctuations in the Russian power grids, their service life is much less than the estimated, although the cost is an order of magnitude higher than that of incandescent lamps.
- LED lamps are currentlythe most advanced source of lighting. They consume the least amount of electricity and can serve for more than 10 years. At the same time they are practically not heated and therefore fireproof.
- When choosing a chandelier, you should pay attention tosocles. It is necessary to stop the choice on the base of the standard diameter, in order to replace the lamp if necessary, it could easily be found in any electrical shop.
Design and interior
On the tastes do not argue, and how to choose the right chandelier in accordance with the specific situation, everyone to decide individually. However, there are a number of standard recommendations to be mentioned.
- The choice of the type of chandelier directly depends on the heightthe ceiling. If a large pendant chandelier is suitable for a room with high ceilings, then, at low ceilings, it is necessary to stop the choice of a compact chandelier, which is directly attached to the ceiling.
- For dark rooms choose a more powerful chandelier than for light.
- When choosing a material, it is worth considering the convenience issuewhen cleaning. Plastic, glass and metal fixtures are cleaned much easier than paper or silk, however, if you want to create a more comfortable environment, the last wins.
- The chandelier must match the interior of the roomboth in color and style. In other words, a wooden chandelier with silk shades should not be hung in a room decorated in a "high-tech" style. The size of the lampshade should also be related to the size of the room.
- With care it is necessary to concern to color plafonds. Such chandeliers give a color light, that is, in such lighting, the colors of the whole situation will change.
Here's a pretty detailed instruction on choosing a chandelier. We hope this knowledge will help you when choosing a chandelier, in the future.