How and how to remove old stains from white and colored clothes at home with folk remedies and not only: ways to remove grease and sweat stains, paint and blood, coffee, tea, wine and ink
Often keep track of not putting a stain on clothes is simply impossible. Especially if the question concerns children. Caught on our things, stains can be a huge problem, and no matter how annoying it is, clothes have to be thrown away. But do not rush to do this, as well as not in a hurry to give the thing to dry cleaning: we will try to deal with different types of annoying stains on clothes at home.
The main thing in the article
What is removing stains from clothes?
The main rule for the removal of any stain that we all heard in advertising washing powder:the spots we see outside, but the pollution eats into the fabric and is inside.But no matter how much praise advertisements branded stain removers, practice shows that they do not always cope with the removal of complex stains. But in the fight against various stains, the effect from some of the means that most of the housewives will find in the home has been proven for decades:
- salt and baking soda;
- fresh lemon juice;
- laundry soap;
- denatured alcohol;
- gasoline or kerosene;
- potato starch;
- talc or chalk.
Separately, it should be remembered and those substances whose use can detrimentally affect your clothes:
- acid and alcohol can harm, razor paint and leaving behind a white spot;
- bleach - death for cotton fabrics;
- vinegar and acetone can eat silk;
- Alkaline-based bleach is suitable only for removing stains from white fabrics.
Of course, before you start removing the spots, you need to determine what product it "left." From such a diagnosis will depend on how to eliminate it.Initially, you can try to remove the stain by treating it with a normal soap solution applied to a brush or sponge. Then, after washing the solution and drying the stain, assess the condition of the thing, and if the stain is still noticeable, proceed to its treatment with special substances.
"Golden" rules for the elimination of any persistent pollution:
- It is better to treat the stains from the inside of the thing.
- To make an old stain softened, blot it with glycerin.
- In order to prevent the appearance of stains, the fabric surrounding the stain is moistened with water or sprinkled with starch.
- Work on the stain removal is carried out with a brush, and it is necessary to perform cleaning from the outlines of the stain to its center.
How to remove grease stains from colored clothes at home?
It so happened that the greasy stains on clothes, alas, are the most common. But there is good news: there are many ways to bring them out, so to speak, for every taste. We will introduce you to the basic methods of eliminating them with colored clothes:
- the fat spot of the “first freshness” (from different types of oils, mayonnaise, etc.) can be neutralized by incorporating good washing powder into it and performing washing at an elevated temperature;
- fresh fatty mark can be “soaked” with bread or using edible salt, and then washing as in the previous paragraph; with this method, the salt must be replaced 4-5 times;
- chalk and talc - help in the fight against recent stains with light clothes; rub the powder into the stain and leave for 2-3 hours, and after - do the usual cleaning;
- Apply the chalk dissolved in gasoline to an old greasy stain and rub it well into the fabric, and after 3 hours wash it at a high temperature;
- if a large area of tissue has suffered from the effects of fat, soak it in turpentine, and then - carry out the appropriate treatment;
- fat traces on colored, bright fabrics “give up” before a mixture of glycerin and laundry soap; To obtain a mushy consistency, water is added to the mass, left to stand for 20-24 hours, and then rinsed well;
- the fatty spot in front of potato flour or a gruel of potato mixed with gasoline, which is abundantly applied to the fabric, recedes;
- greasy stain generously sprinkle with baby powder, cover with blotter and gently iron the fabric.
And what to do if your clothes have suffered from the offensive grease stains left by canned fish? Just wipe the stain with a swab dipped in kerosene, and then do the usual washing.
The area of tissue affected by the fat patch is laid on a plate covered with a white cloth or absorbent paper. During the stain removal process, it will be printed onto this substrate.
Tip: stains from the engine oil, as well as from the usual vegetable, can be removed by rubbing a drop of dishwashing liquid into the fabric and then washing the thing as usual.
Sweat stains on white clothes: how to get out?
Such contaminations differ from other types of stains by their “rich” composition. They contain sulfates and phosphates, fats, salts, organic elements, urea and other substances, which damage some types of fabrics, for example, wool and silk, corrode dyes. Removal of sweat stains as follows:
- hyposulphite solution (5 ml per 250 ml of water) is rubbed into the fabric, after which the clothes are washed in warm water;
- swab moistened in a concentrated solution of salt, you need to walk on the stains from sweat on a fabric containing more than 50% wool fibers; this method is also effective from the characteristic smell of sweat, which is often eaten into the fabric;
- simple treatment of the tissue with alcohol often helps to quickly eliminate stains from sweat;
- technical ethyl and ammonia is mixed in equal proportions and in such a composition they get rid of stains from the lining or other "capricious" fabric;
- when washing spoiled stains from sweat things are added to the water ammonia.
How to remove a ballpoint pen from clothes?
Contrary to the general opinion about the difficulty of removing ink stains, they are eliminated elementarily. Here are some simple, proven methods in your piggy bank:
- the area with the ink mark is covered with glycerin for 40-60 minutes, after which the product is washed with soap;
- sour milk is a famous fighter with ballpoint pen marks; just dip the smeared area of fabric in a heated, sour milk for a couple of hours, and then wash the thing with soap, dripping some ammonia into it;
- if the ink is smeared with white cloth, apply ammonia, diluted with peroxide; after - the usual wash;
- turpentine and technical alcohol, if you take them the same amount, do well with ink stains;
- if the stain is located on a colored fabric, it is derived from a composition of glycerin and technical alcohol;
- a fresh mark from a ballpoint pen is easy to come off if you cover it with salt and pour plenty of fresh juice from lemon.
Tip: before removing the marks from the ballpoint pen from the fabric, rinse the contaminated area with water in order to slightly dilute the pigment. If the stain is fresh, then you can remove it with ordinary laundry detergent or soap, after wiping it with ammonia.
How to remove stains from paint from clothes?
How many elements of our wardrobe were spoiled as a result of interaction with such a traitorous substance as oil paint! One has only to sit on a painted, not completely dried up bench in the park - and an annoying stubborn stain on your favorite jeans or jacket is provided. But not everything is so hopeless, even stains from the paint can be removed without any problems. This can be successfully done:
- wiping the pollution with a cotton swab on which kerosene is applied;
- if the stain is not gone - continue processing with ammonia until the stain is completely eliminated;
- a mixture of gasoline soap with turpentine in equal shares, rubbing the mass into the stain, after which the composition should be washed off, and the thing washed as usual;
- cleaning the fabric with concentrated soda solution after pre-treatment of the stain with turpentine;
- smearing the paint stain with butter in order to soften it a little, after - to carry out the treatment with gasoline.
Tip: a fresh "colorful" stain can be removed by generously treating it with soap and water from the detergent and leaving the thing for an hour or two. The detergent will soften and corrode the paint a bit, which will allow you to safely remove it through normal washing.
Ways of removing old stains from clothing folk remedies and not only
We offer the most extraordinary ways to get rid of complex stains, "left" by a variety of products.
How to remove blood stains?
They say that blood stains are easier to remove, as fresh blood is washed off even with cold water. And yet, blood is not an easy substance, it contains amino acids, fats and coloring agents. Therefore, the impact of water alone for removing blood stains is not enough. And what if the spot a few days, and maybe weeks? We give effective methods:
- the easiest way is a long soak, after which the laundry is carried out in warm, soapy water;
- the old stain will be removed more quickly after wiping it with a solution of borax or ammonia;
- it is possible to remove blood from thin tissues by dried gruel from starch;
- clothes “decorated” with old blood stains are left in salty water for a couple of hours, after which they do the actual washing;
- Removing blood from a white tissue helps hydrogen peroxide.
Stains from coffee, tea and red wine: we derive at home
The difficulty of removing coffee stains is that in addition to dyes, they often also contain proteins and tannins.
Coffee or tea marks rubbed dilutedammonia or concentrated brineusing a stiff brush. As for old spots, it will helphydrogen peroxide: it is enough to hold a stain in it for 10-15 minutes, after which it should be rinsed in cool water.
Coffee and tea stains will go away if you handle the thingsoapy water, containing also ½ hl of soda and 1 hl of ammonia(proportions are given on 1-1,5 l of water). After this procedure, you need to rinse clothes in water, a temperature of 20-22 ° C, adding a little vinegar.
To remove coffee stains from light or colored fabrics will helpwarm glycerin. The substance is smeared with the stained area, and then the usual wash is performed. Provided that the stain is complex and old, to add glycerinsalary.
With white fabrics, removing coffee stains helpsgruel from washing powderthoroughly rubbed into the patch of fabric. After this procedure, you need to further treatdiluted bleach.
The algorithm for removing red wine stains is similar to removing the “marks” from berries and juices from them.
- Try to get rid of them with the help of ordinary boiling water, if the type of fabric allows it. Place a damaged item over the sink or pan, allowing access to the stain. Spill hot water on the spot from a height of 30-50 cm, repeating this action until the wine stain completely disappears.
- Colored fabrics will be cleaned from wine stains after processing contamination with a mixture of glycerin and yolk of the egg (raw).
- It will help the use of salt, diluted with water to a mushy consistency. After treatment, rinse the cloth with warm water and a cleansing agent.
- Effective use of a solution of potassium permanganate, which is wetted contaminated place. After a couple of minutes, the product is washed off, and the fabric is treated with peroxide diluted in water.
How do they remove stains from outerwear?
Even on outerwear, you can put workable stains, for this it is quite unsuccessful to lean on something or sit on a painted shop.But even with such bad luck, you can successfully cope, knowing the small secrets that we will share with you.
What to do if you managed to put a stain (greasy or ink) on the leather thing? In this case, it will help all the sameglycerin diluted with technical alcoholwhich is rubbed into the stain. If there is barely noticeable trace - the thing can be tinted. With light skin, oily stains can be easily removed with lemon juice.
Also, ink stains are easily removed with salt: you need to cover leather clothes in the place of pollutionwet salt copious layerand wait a couple of days. After that, the salt is collected, and the thing is wiped with a sponge dipped in turpentine.
A special category of "difficult" spots are fatty contamination on down-padded coats and jackets from Bologna, which are not removed during normal washing. We suggest you try the following options.
And finally, some more useful tips for all occasions on how to get rid of different types of stains of all degrees of complexity.