Hernia Shmorlja: what is it?
Watch the video
Hernia is a common disease,at which the cartilaginous tissues of the intervertebral disc fall into the body of the spine. It arises in those who have transferred the herbs of the spine and raised too heavy objects. Also, this disease can be manifested due to age-related changes, when the strength of bone tissues decreases.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
Hernia Schmorl is an asymptomatic disease,Since it does not affect the nerve endings. Its diagnosis is carried out using an X-ray examination. In the pictures obtained after it, the area of the lesion and the dimensions of the hernia are clearly visible. It is very important to start treatment as soon as possible. After all, if you do not start therapy in time, then you can develop arthrosis, there will be cracks, fractures or fractures of the spine.
Treatment of Schmorl's hernia
Treatment of Schmorl's hernia involves complex therapy.
- Magnetotherapy - is designed to improve the circulation of the spine and its discs, which makes them more protected and stronger.
- Water procedures. Under the supervision of a specialist in the pool, you need to perform exercises that contribute to the flexibility of the spine.
- Stretching. The patient performs relaxing exercises that improve the stretching of the spine and his blood supply.
- Massage procedures. During these, the specialist removes fatigue from the injured nerves and spine, and also activates his work.
- Autogravitational therapy. With Schmorl's hernia, it is mandatory. To carry it out, a special simulator is used, the surface of which consists of movable tube-ribs. The essence of this therapy is to "stretch" the spine and bring it into a natural state.
- Drug treatment. If the inflammatory processes in the spine are detected after the examination, special preparations are made to remove them.
Treatment of hernia Schmorl also need to be carried out inhome conditions. So, the affected area should be rubbed daily with alcohol tinctures. The duration of such a procedure should be 5-7 minutes. Compresses prepared from decoctions of dandelion flowers, potatoes with horseradish or chestnuts promote the recovery. To remove tension and relax the spine will help coniferous baths, in which a small amount of essential oils is added.