If a blister appears from a burn, it is important to know thatdoing in this case. After all, any wrong actions can lead to complications and infection. Use the recommendations below, which detail how to handle the affected area, open the bubble and what to do if it has already burst. But first, be sure to read our article: What to do with a burn to properly provide first aid to the victim.
Bubble from burn: what to do?
Bubbles occur at the second degree of burn. Keep in mind that you can treat them at home only when their area is not larger than the palm of an adult person. In all other cases, medical help is needed: it is possible that hospitalization will be required. At the same time, it does not matter whether a solar, chemical or thermal burn was obtained: if it has a significant location, then a specialist can not do without a survey, otherwise serious complications can not be avoided. Also, there is a high likelihood of a serious burn of a cosmetic imperfection on the spot.
When a bubble occurs after a burn in a child or an adult, it is necessary to proceed as follows:
- If the blister after the burn has burst, then its filmIt must be carefully removed using tweezers pretreated in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol. Then you need to apply an antiseptic solution to the cotton wool. After that, wipe the whole area of the burn with it. Also you can use for this purpose other means, which you can find out in our article: How to treat the burn. Next you need to apply ointment. It must have a healing and antiseptic effect. A list of suitable drugs you can find in the article: How to smear a burn. Then it is important to bandage the affected area.
- Not always the bubble bursts after the burn, and in this wayIt is important to prevent the onset of a purulent-necrotic stage: it can provoke complications. To do this, you need to pierce the blister from the burn. You can do it yourself. Before the procedure begins, the skin and the blister itself are treated with an antiseptic solution. Puncture the bladder from a burn with a sterile needle only. After this it is necessary to remove with the help of a napkin all the liquid that will flow out of it, and then the film itself with tweezers. Then, on the surface of the burn, a healing ointment is applied, and on it a fleece and bandage bandage.
- When the healing process begins, it is not necessaryto allow drying out of the skin, otherwise it will start to burst. It takes several times to process the place of burns with ointments. At this time, you can not wear a bandage to speed up the process of skin regeneration. It is important that the burn area does not come into contact with clothing or any objects (shoes, straps, etc.), otherwise it can injure the wound and lead to infection. Once a day, it must necessarily be treated with 1% hydrocortisone ointment or other means that contain a number of antibiotics.
With second degree burns, the following tips will help you:
- When a bubble from a burn appeared, it is not importanttighten with his autopsy. After all, sooner or later it will burst, but it can happen not at the right time, when at hand there is not the necessary means for treating the wound. As a result, there is a risk of infection. In addition, the bladder provokes increased pain on the burn site, causes severe itching and redness.
- Early opening of the bladder will shorten the processrecovery to several weeks. But it is also important to properly treat. It can occur with the use of medicines and folk remedies. You will learn more about this from our article: How to treat a burn.
- Preparations used to treat a second degree burn should not contain components that promote the formation of a fatty film, otherwise scar tissue may appear on the wound site.
- Use all of the above recommendationsin order to get rid of a blister and a second degree burn. Approach it in a complex way, then you will save your health, accelerate the process of skin regeneration and avoid the appearance of scars.
Please note that second-degree burns maycause complications. If you notice that when healing at home, wound healing takes a long time, painful sensations and itching do not go away, then contact a specialist as soon as possible, so that he performs an examination and prescribes more effective therapy.