Automobiles "Tesla": first impressions
This year, Moscow began to appearelectric vehicles "Tesla". Similar to the next "Hyundai", the car does not attract much attention yet, even though queues line up in the west behind it.
In America cars "Tesla" cost from 60 thousand for a base complete set, to 125 for topovoy. Residents of Russia should be added to this figure:
- Logistics. Delivery of the machine in a container will cost you about two thousand dollars. In the case of the sea way of delivery, you will have to wait about five months. There is an opportunity to bring a car to Russia much more quickly - by plane. But for the speed you have to pay 12 thousand dollars.
- Customs duty. 48% of the estimated value of the car.
By the way, speaking of the timing: do not forget that Tesla cars are so popular today that their sale is carried out in turn. Having entered the company's website, you can see how long you will have to wait. As a rule, top-end equipment should wait for a month, and basic - 3-5.
The main issue that worries people is battery maintenance. In the control panel you can set the following charging parameters:
- Car charging. Allows the car to start charging the battery at a specific time.
- Charge boundary. As you know, charging lithium-ion batteries should not be abused, so the "Tesla" software installed on cars allows to limit the level of battery charging (for example, 95%).
- Current parameters. On the charging screen, you can adjust the current settings that your machine will "eat". At the moment "Tesla" can "digest" the current from 80 to 5 Amperes.
People who have visited the US and are familiar with local 110-volt sockets, think that we have cars "Tesla"should be charged faster. But here it is necessary to say that if you insert the cable into a normal outlet, then the battery of the car will be charged for 30 hours. But you can use a special charger that hangs on the wall, connects to the shield and at the output gives 20kWatt 80 amperes - thus charging, you wait only four and a half hours.
Also, Tesla Motors took care of thebattery safety in extreme conditions - chargers are equipped with serious fuses that will protect your car from any voltage fluctuations. In addition, each battery is given a warranty of eight years, and change it for free.
"Tesla" is a car whose characteristicscan be called outstanding. It's all about its non-standard layout. The machine itself weighs two tons, and half the weight is a battery that is under the floor of the cabin. Thus, the center of gravity of the machine is significantly lower than the axles of the wheels, so that "Tesla" can boast of a phenomenal ability to keep the road. And this is in view of the fact that modern modifications exist only in the rear-wheel drive version. The all-wheel drive manufacturer has already announced, but for now it will be necessary to wait.
Pressing the accelerator pedal, you are amazed,how smoothly and quietly the car of Nikola Tesla begins its takeoff. The thing is that the electric motor does not need a gearbox to work, so "Tesla" drives very smoothly. The remaining sprinters, dispersing, fill the neighborhood with a loud roar. "Tesla" is going quietly and calmly. Sitting in the cabin, except for the rustling of tires on the asphalt and there's nothing to listen to.