Apricot Jam - 8 Recipes Apricot Jam Slices
Greetings to all guests and subscribers of the blog! I do not know if you like apricots, but I just adore them. These fruits contain such vitamins as A and C, minerals - magnesium, iron, iodine and potassium, so eating juicy fruits brings great benefits to the entire human body.
But unfortunately, we can’t enjoy natural sweets all year round, so we still need to think about the supply of fruits for the winter in the summer. And of course, the most popular type of apricot harvesting is a treat in the form of jam. Especially in the process of cooking a large amount of fruit pectin is released, which has a great effect on digestion.
There are a lot of recipes for making delicacies, but I really like to cook apricots with pitted slices or with kernels. It turns out very tasty, fragrant and presentable in appearance. Such jam is stored for a long time, so in winter evenings you will be happy to drink hot seagulls and eat soft buns with a spoon of summer billet.
How to cook apricot jam slices
In order to prepare the fruit, before the cooking process, be sure to select sunny fruits according to the following characteristics: they must be smooth, elastic and bright, and also slightly hard. It is from unripe fruits that you will be able to cook a treat with whole and uncooked slices.
If you get crumpled and spoiled apricots, then put them aside, we will not need them. But of them you can make the most real jam.
Also note that the time for cooking takes quite a lot, so you have to tinker to get a rich amber color and impeccable taste.
- Apricots - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 1 kg.
1. Rinse the fruit well and dry. Then remove all the bones.
2. Take a deep pan and pour sugar into it. Then pour about 15 ml of water (this amount is taken for 1 kg) and put on medium heat. While stirring the mass continuously, allow the sugar to dissolve, and after boiling, boil the syrup for 5 minutes.
3. Fill the prepared berries with ready syrup and gently mix everything, evenly distributing the slices.
4.Cover our stock with cling film or a lid and leave it at room temperature for a day.
5. The next day, the brew should put the juice. It should be carefully poured into the pan, but for now, set the berries aside. Put the juice on a small fire and wait until the liquid boils, boil for 2-3 minutes after boiling, and the juice should boil all the time.
6. When time is up, remove the syrup from the heat and immediately fill the berries with it. Again cover the bowl with cling film and leave again for a day.
7. After a day, repeat the procedure again: pour the syrup, boil and pour the fruit, leave for a day.
8. But on the 4th day, the treat should be immediately put on the fire, boiled and boiled for 5 minutes. At the end of cooking, you can add a little citric acid, or squeeze the juice from the lemon. Hot jam poured into pre-sterilized jars and tightly tighten the lids.
9. Turn the jars down with the lids and leave to cool completely. Keep best in a dark and cool place.
On a note! To give an unusual taste and aroma, you can add currant leaves or cherry.
Recipe for pitted apricot jam for the winter
The following technology of preparation differs from the previous one in that we will not cook the sugar syrup separately, but immediately fill the fruit with sugar. And by the way, such a treat is done without water, that is, in its own juice.
- Apricots and sugar in a ratio of 1: 1 (for example, for 2 kg of fruit, take 2 kg of sugar).
1. Rinse the fruit well and place on a towel to remove excess water.
2. Next, divide the berries into two slices and pull out the pits.
3. Prepare the prepared apricots in a deep pan in layers, falling asleep each layer with sugar. Cover with a lid and leave overnight to let the berries make juice.
4. In the morning, gently shake the contents to mix the sugar settled on the bottom. Then put on medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove the foam and boil for 5 minutes. In the process of cooking, gently mix the treat so that nothing burns.
After five minutes, turn off the heat and leave for 24 hours.
5. The procedure described in clause 4 must be repeated 2 times. But at the last approach, increase the cooking time by 10-15 minutes so that the treat thickens. Then immediately pour into sterile jars and roll up.
Turn the blanks down with covers and cover with a blanket. When the jars have cooled completely, put them in storage space.
To preserve the taste of apricots and to increase the shelf life, you can add a little citric acid or lemon juice in the jam.
Apricot jam slices in syrup
If you love homemade cakes, then the following video is definitely for you. Because the delicacy prepared according to this plot is obtained rather with a dense consistency, and this means that such slices are 100% suitable for filling in various rich products.
It is better not to mix the delicacy with a spoon, just shake the cooking container from side to side, so you keep all the slices whole.
The recipe of apricot jam for the winter "Yummy fingers" with orange
For a change, you can always add citrus notes to apricot jam by putting chopped lemons or oranges, or maybe both. Plus, I still love to add walnuts, in my opinion this is the most successful cooking technology.
- Apricots - 3 kg;
- Sugar - 3 kg;
- Water - 200 ml;
- Orange - 2 pcs .;
- Lemon - 1 pc .;
- Walnuts - 400 grams.
1.Rinse the fruit thoroughly under water, wait until water runs out, and then remove the stones.
2. Now cook the sugar syrup: add sugar to the water and put the liquid on a slow fire. Bring the syrup to a boil and wait until all the sugar has dissolved.
Be careful and make sure that the sugar does not burn.
3. Pour the berries with hot sugar syrup and leave to cool completely.
4. Peel citrus fruits from peel, films and stones. Then using a blender, grind them to a smooth consistency.
5. Peel the walnuts and chop them a little. Then add to the cooled apricot brew, put on a slow fire and bring to the boil again. Leave to cool again.
6. In the last step, add the lemon-orange mixture and bring the treat to a boil again. Then immediately pour it over the sterilized jars and roll it up.
It turns out all insanely tasty and beautiful!
Amber Apricot Jam Recipe Recipe
For this recipe you will need dense and not overripe fruits. And to check whether the brew is ready or not, it is enough to put a drop of syrup on the edge of a cold saucer.If the drop does not spread, that is, it will keep the shape well, then the jam is ready and it can be removed from the fire.
How to make apricot jam slices so that it is transparent
I also want to note that basically the billet is made on the basis of proportions 1: 1, but for many people it turns out too sweet treat. Therefore, you can put sugar and smaller, focusing on their taste preferences.
- Apricots - 1 kg;
- Sugar - 500 grams.
1. Rinse and dry the berries, cut them in half and remove the stones.
If you have a very large fruit, then additionally cut the halves into two more parts.
2. Next, pour the preparation with sugar and leave for 3-4 hours until the juice appears.
3. In the meantime, sterilize the banks in the usual way for you.
4. When 4 hours have passed, put the billet on a slow fire and heat the contents, and then gently mix everything from top to bottom.
5. Slowly continue to heat the mass. It is necessary that the sugar is completely dissolved. And when the jam boils, boil it for 7 minutes and pour into prepared jars.
6. Cover and turn over, wrap in a warm blanket and leave to cool completely.
If you still have the syrup, then make a juice from it or pour it with cottage cheese casserole, soak the biscuits!
7. In order for the delicacy not to darken, it is best to keep it in a dark and cool place.
Method of making jam with kernels of seeds (with kernels)
This option is loved by my whole family, and the guests, trying a delicacy, do not even immediately understand what it is made of, but they gobble up both cheeks, because it's impossible to tear away, it’s very tasty!
- Apricots - 3 kg;
- Sugar - 3 kg;
- Kernels - 200 grams.
1. Wash and dry the fruit. Divide into halves and remove bones. Put the halves in the basin and fill them with sugar, leave for 5-6 hours. Next, put the workpiece on a slow fire and wait for boiling. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 12 hours.
2. In the meantime, prepare the grains. Wash and dry the apricot stones. Carefully chop the bones and pull out the nucleoli.
Try the kernels to taste, if they are bitter, then do not add them, but replace them with walnuts or almonds.
3. When the brew has completely cooled down, add the nucleoli to it and carefully distribute them throughout the whole volume.
It is better not to stir the meal with a spoon, but shake the cooking container a little from side to side, so you keep the slices whole.
4. Bring apricots with nucleoli to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and cool again, leaving the billet for 12 hours.
5. After the time has expired, you need to bring the treat to the boil for the third time and boil for 10 minutes.
Pour hot food in sterile jars and roll up.
Apricot jam for the winter without water
Here is another popular recipe. Thanks to the fast multiple boiling, the slices remain intact and do not turn into mush, but the vitamins are all preserved.
- Apricots - 2 kg;
- Sugar - 2 kg.
1. Fruits first wash and dry. Remove the bones by cutting the fruit in half.
2. Put the prepared slices into the pan and add sugar. Put on a slow fire and bring the contents to a boil. Then go for 15 minutes and turn it off. Leave the stock to cool.
3. This procedure must be repeated 2 times. And then pour sweetness into sterilized jars and roll up. Then turn the jars upside down and wrap a blanket.Wait for complete cooling and store until winter.
Choose hot canning, so the product will be stored much longer.
After reading all the recipes, I think you noticed that the cooking technology is similar and consists of several stages: insisting in sugar, fast cooking, which alternates with cooling. There is nothing difficult, the main thing is not to hurry.
If you choose the option with kernels of bones, then do not remove the film from them, because it gives a delicious almond tint. I hope your apricot jam slices will always be very tasty, bright and fragrant! Enjoy your meal!